Program/Marketing Manager - Bilingual
This new position will play a key role in a developing a brand and business within the Smart Serve organization. Bringing your marketing and general management knowledge, you will develop an in-depth marketing and business plan for Smart Serve and its affiliates. This plan will outline how we can grow awareness and in particular our presence in the post-secondary market. Secondly, you will manage this program as it grows throughout the province. Using your business development and management skills you will direct staff and grow this program province wide.
The successful candidate will travel the province and build partnerships.
You are someone who takes initiative while demonstrating excellent judgment and a keen awareness of how your work connects with other areas of the organization and the community. You are flexible, comfortable in an evolving role, adept in navigating a complex, multi-stakeholder environment, and can admirably balance a high volume of work with high-quality output. Bilingualism (English and French) is an asset. The Manager supervises one direct report and will be involved in managing relationships with marketing vendors/agencies as required.
- In collaboration with the Executive Director, develop annual and specific integrated marketing and communications plans, budget and metrics in support of organizational goals.
- Oversee and participate in the implementation of marketing plans and activities.
- Ensure our brand is positioned in a clear and consistent way in all internal and external initiatives.
- Develop relationships with partners
- Clear knowledge of social media and analytics and able to develop plans
- Clear understanding of marketing processes
- Knowledge of the post-secondary campus market helpful.
- Able to work independently
- Able to travel the province to meet stakeholders
- Excellent presentation and public speaking skills
Experience and Qualifications:
• University degree or college diploma and/or other relevant credentials related to marketing & communications or a related subject area (e.g. journalism, public relations, digital media, business etc.).
• Smart Serve certification and knowledge of the rules and regulations surrounding alcohol helpful
• Relevant working experience with a clear demonstration of results.
• Project management experience specifically in developing & executing marketing-related initiatives.
Competencies and Skills:
• Genuine passion for the cause, marketing and digital media.
• Strong understanding of the connection between marketing/communications and partnerships.
• Collaborator who identifies opportunities for the organization and brings new ideas and concepts forward for discussion.
• Excellent time management and organizational skills with the ability to initiate and manage complex projects and handle multiple priorities concurrently.
• High degree of judgement, political sensitivity and creative problem solving skills.
• Project management skills with proven success
Please send your cover letter and resume along with your salary expectations to: Richard.email@example.com with Program/Marketing Manager in the subject line. Applications will be reviewed ongoing until the position is filled. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected as a potential candidate will be contacted. Please do not contact our office.
Smart Serve hires on the basis of merit and is committed to the principles of employment equity. Smart Serve encourages applications from qualified women and men, visible minorities, Indigenous people, persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity and expression; and people with disabilities. Smart Serve thanks all applicants for applying. Only those selected for interviews will be contacted.