President and CEO
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty with a high degree of competency and results.
Specific duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develop and recommend to the Board a clear vision, direction and strategy for the CBAA that results in maximum return for members, and long term sustainability.
- Provide overall leadership and management of the CBAA team.
- Develops and recommends the annual operation budget and strategic/business plans for Board approval.
- Allocate human and capital resources to achieve the association’s objectives.
- Maximize membership retention and growth, with Canada-wide representation.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with elected and appointed government officials.
- Increase public and government awareness of the importance of business aviation.
- Maximize annual convention revenue and impact.
- Ensure stable and strong financial performance to ensure long term sustainability.
- Ensure operational management is built on sound financial management of a budget that includes reporting, analytics, budgeting, forecasting, audit support, and tax compliance.
- Manage relationships with partners and stakeholders.
- Assess risks and develop appropriate risk management plans (i.e. self-insurance, technology, etc.) while ensuring compliance/control needs are met in a manner consistent with good business practices including managing CBAA’s assets, financial resources, brand, and reputation.
- Initiate and lead fundraising and membership growth opportunities in collaboration with CBAA’s Vice President Membership Relations and Development.
- Expand the value of the CBAA brand for the Association, members, exhibitors, partners and employees.
- Serves as the Company's chief spokesperson communicating effectively with members, exhibitors, partners and employees.
- Maximize potential of regional chapters, and maintain regular communication with applicable international agencies and government authorities.
- Represent the Association at the annual convention, chapters and industry events.
- Follows all company policies and acts as a role model in the adherence to policies.
- Other duties as required.
Specific requirements include but are not limited to:
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES, & EXPERIENCE
- A deep understanding of the business operational side of aviation.
- Knowledge of government affairs, and experience influencing government policy.
- Experience with non-profit membership based associations.
- Executive team and Board experience.
- Knowledge of aviation regulatory environment.
- Understand legal concepts and contract management
- Experience in the development of budgets and management of financial performance.
- Ability to assess risks and solve problems with tact and good judgment.
- Strong, proven leadership skills amongst staff and management; ability to engage effectively with senior professionals.
- Excellent communication skills including public speaking, writing, active listening, and synthesizing information from diverse sources when working with colleagues, members, volunteers, and the media.
- Well versed in the use of technology.
- Ability to maximize the effectiveness of a small team.
- Ability to efficiently manage time, meet schedules/deadlines and handle multiple assignments simultaneously.
- Ability to travel as required both domestically and internationally.
- Skilled in strategic planning and business and market development.
- Experience managing a brand – including: brand audits, brand development, implementation, analysis.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work in a team as well as independently.
- English is required, fluency in French is an asset.
- A University degree, in Business Administration, Government, Aviation or related field preferred.