Program Assistant (2 positions)
- 400 University Avenue, Toronto, Ontario
- OCFP - Education and Practice Supports
- Job Category
- Admin/Clerical/Customer Service
- Job Type
The Ontario College of Family Physicians (OCFP) is an organization of 13,500 Ontario family doctors providing patient care across communities in Ontario. The College provides high-quality, evidence-based continuing professional development for physicians, promotes family doctor leadership and advocates for the vital role family doctors play in Ontario’s health-care system in delivering high-quality patient care. As the Ontario chapter of the College of Family Physicians of Canada, we are an essential voice for family medicine in Ontario.
Reporting to the Director, Education and Practice Supports, the Program Assistant will support the day-to-day administration required for the Education and Practice Supports portfolio including development and delivery of the OCFP’s continuing professional development programs, collaborative mentoring networks and conferences. This role will also support the administration of the Learning Management System (LMS) for continuing professional development courses.
- Assists in the coordination of OCFP meetings, workshops, conferences and events as requested, including: scheduling and booking rooms, monitoring and maintaining registration, and communication to participants.
- Provide customer services support and responds to general inquiries and emails, prepares materials and packages for as required for workshops and events.
- Maintains an inventory of workshop and conference supplies and requirements.
- Liaises with faculty, conference speakers and provides support for the exhibitions during conferences.
- Updates and maintains the program content and user access to the OCFP Learning Management System (LMS) including completing quality control checks within the LMS and testing of software updates locally.
- Provides administrative support for committees including scheduling of meetings, preparation of agendas and minute taking.
- Provides support as required to assist with the administration and processing of Mainpro+ certification.
- College Diploma in Business or Office Administration.
- At least 3 years of administrative experience.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive issues appropriately.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Strong organizational, prioritization and time management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, diplomacy, collaborative attitude, and sound judgment.
- Comfort in working independently with minimal guidance and oversight.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Windows environments. Experience with Adobe Acrobat an asset.
- Experience with Learning Management Systems (LMS) and updating LMS content would be considered an asset.
- Accurate typing/data entry skills, minute-taking, correspondence composition, and preparation.
OCFP’s core competencies are designed to nurture employee engagement through best people practices. All employees will demonstrate strength in the following competencies:
Collaboration: Engages constructively with others, to be part of a team, to work together, as opposed to working separately or competitively. Promotes a positive climate, resolves conflict, and creates alignment within and across internal and/or external groups.
Impact and Influence: Advocates, motivates, persuades, convinces, or influences others to gain their support and commitment. Effectively gains support by drawing the attention of others to an important issue and directing decision makers towards a solution.
Organizational Awareness: Understands the key relationships, diverse interest groups and power bases within the organization and in the wider community.
Planning, Coordination, and Execution: Plans and coordinates work, effectively manages resources, prioritizes steps to be taken, anticipates potential issues/barriers, and develops contingency plans to address these, executes individual and team activities in a way that ensures the achievement of a set of objectives. Achieves desired results on a consistent basis despite having to deal with unpredictable or unexpected circumstances.
Service & Quality Orientation: Demonstrates a desire to provide quality results by focusing efforts on discovering the needs of customers and stakeholders and meeting these needs. Ensures quality in the delivery of services, and complies with existing rules, regulations, and legislation. Monitors service information by insisting on clarity of roles and expectations and setting up and maintaining systems that enhance quality and maximize efficiencies.
Developing Others: Fosters the long-term learning or development of others through coaching, managing performance and mentoring. Achieves higher level goals and develops new skills/competencies. Driven by a genuine desire to develop and empower others, rather than simply a need to transfer skills to complete tasks.
Holding Self and Others Accountable: Positions the organization for success by establishing appropriate levels of responsibility. Holds self and others accountable to deliver the agreed upon objectives and execute high standards of excellence. Provide clear directions, effectively communicates priorities and expectations and monitors performance.
Visionary Leadership: Inspires others to work toward common goals by providing inspiration, clarity, and direction. Effectively focuses team on priorities and provides leadership and support through change. Actively solicits input and inspires the courage to challenge team process, and the commitment to achieve personal, team and organizational goals.
Business Acumen: Understand the business implications of opportunities and decisions. Implements successful business strategies. Maintains awareness of issues, processes, and outcomes as they impact the organization’s strategic direction.
Strategic Orientation: Understands the business implications of decisions and can take a long-term perspective to chart a course that delivers results today and well into the future.
Interpersonal Sensitivity: Understands and responds appropriately to the concerns of others. Practices active listening when interacting with individuals or groups. Demonstrates an ability to reflect on verbal and non-verbal behavior and communicates effectively
Leadership Presence: Develops and maintains a sense of presence and emotional maturity in understanding of one’s own emotions and the impact of one’s behavior on others; demonstrates of resiliency in a range of complex and demanding situations.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants are requested to submit their résumé with a cover letter summarizing how their experience and qualifications meet the requirements outlined in the posting and why they are interested in the position.
Submissions are to be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 5:00 p.m. on June 21, 2018.
More search results
Canadian Mental Health Association, Cochrane-Timiskaming Branch
Chief Operating Officer - Ontario Road Builders …
MacLeod & Associates
Social Planning Toronto
Canadian Museums Association
Manager, Education & Certification
FITT - Forum for International Trade Training