This is a hands-on position which will support the Membership Intelligence function at the Canadian Bar Association (CBA). The CBA is building internal data analytics capacity and is seeking an individual to support Membership Intelligence function.
This position may be virtual or could be in one of CBA’s 15 offices across the country and will report to the Executive Director of Shared Services.
- Analyzing complex sets of data and synthesizing into actionable reports that allow the association to make stronger and better-informed decisions.
- responding to data and analysis requests from the management team to support the decision-making process including but not limited to an examination of internal and public data and the preparation of reports;
- data mining the insights collected by the CBA;
- conducting environmental scans of research and insight in the public domain;
- ensuring that the membership intelligence data collected by the CBA, branches and the Canadian Corporate Counsel Association remains current;
- liaising with the CBA’s in-house IT team on data analytics issues; and,
- being a resource on data analytics and membership insight requests.
a) Required Qualifications:
- Post-secondary degree in data science, business intelligence, or equivalent/relevant training or higher
- Very familiar with Microsoft Office Suite of products including Excel, Word and PowerPoint and experience with Macros, Pivot Tables in Excel
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Initiative and the ability to prioritize, effectively manage multiple tasks, and work under pressure
- Superb interpersonal skills, professionalism, and ability to work collaboratively as an effective team member
- Ability to identify and evaluate critical issues when solving problems, making decisions or recommendations, and reporting on activities
- Ability to work independently, with attention to detail
- Discretion and sound judgment
- Creativity, flexibility, and the ability to motivate others
- Willingness to travel and work weekends as required
b) Preferred Qualifications:
- As the national organization for the legal profession in Canada, the CBA delivers services in both of Canada’s official languages. English and French language capability would be considered an asset.
- Knowledge of Business Intelligence tools such as Microsoft’s Power BI, statistical software programs such as SPSS or R, and common analysis tools such as Google Analytics.
- Knowledge of iMIS Membership database would be an asset
- Experience working with volunteers
- Ability to speak effectively to individuals and groups
- Knowledge of the Canadian legal system would be an asset
The Member Intelligence Analyst works collaboratively with staff throughout the Association, including regular contact with Branch staff. It is critical that the individual in this position demonstrates a high level of professionalism, initiative, discretion, and significant time management and organizational skills. The incumbent must be an above average team player, with a positive attitude and strong work ethic, and be very familiar with and responsive to the needs of a volunteer driven Association.
Pursuant to the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA), if you require accommodation at any stage of the application process, please contact our human resources department at email@example.com so that appropriate arrangements can be made.
More search results
Executive Director / CEO
Niagara Folk Arts Multicultural Centre
Program Assistant (2 positions)
Ontario College of Family Physicians - 358170
Canadian Apprenticeship Forum
Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
Manoir Ronald McDonald House Charities Ottawa
The OutCare Foundation