Permanent Part-Time / 24 hours per week
Therapeutic Recreation Ontario (TRO) is a professional association dedicated to guiding, supporting, educating and advocating to enable the Therapeutic Recreation practitioner to deliver quality professional services. We are seeking a Communications Coordinator to join our small and enthusiastic team to deliver excellence in customer service to our membership.
The Communications Coordinator (CC) is responsible for the development and execution of an annual communications plan which supports the advancement of TRO’s vision, mission and strategic organizational priorities to both internal and external audiences. The Communications Coordinator is responsible for performing a variety of technical duties including maintaining communications and membership systems and platforms, website and social media. The Communications Coordinator will also be responsible for administrative duties such as attending board meetings. The Communications Coordinator is expected to work collaboratively with TRO staff and volunteers.
Reports to: Executive Director
- Responsible for content management (sourcing, writing) and dissemination of a variety of media including, but not limited to the following: e-news, website, Blog, social media, marketing campaigns, promotional items, flyers, brochures and presentations, etc.
- Respond to day to day inquiries about the association and the therapeutic recreation profession from members, prospective members, students, employers and public.
- Establish/maintain networks with organizations and individuals while representing TRO at educational institutions, tradeshows and professional conferences.
- Manage the Education Institution Membership Program including representing TRO through in-class and virtual presentations
- Coordinate and promote e-learning opportunities relevant to Therapeutic Recreation (ie. webinars, video lectures, conference recordings. etc.)
- Utilize and ensure consistent branding across the organization including marketing and public relations.
- Working with the Executive Director and board committees, develop and implement strategies to increase TRO membership
- Increase awareness and promote TRO’s Registration designation program to prospects, members, employers and other targeted stakeholders.
- Manage the TRO Awards program
- Provide admin and communications support to TRO committees
- Take minutes at board meetings and the AGM. Provide a summary to membership.
- Participate in quality improvement and professional development
- Other relevant duties as required
- 24 hours per week. (daytime and occasional evenings)
- Work from a home office
- Regular staff meetings to be held in Durham Region
- Phone and computer provided
- Travel within Ontario will be required. The successful applicant must have a valid driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle with valid insurance coverage.
Skills and Experience Requirements:
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in public relations, communications, journalism or related field or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of two years’ relevant experience in a communications role, ideally in the association sector
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Highly organized
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Self-directed, highly motivated and strong attention to detail.
- Excellent ability to use judgment, diplomacy, tact and collaborative project management skills
- Ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously and adapt to changing priorities
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and G-Suite. Experience with design programs such as Photoshop, InDesign, etc. an asset
- Strong knowledge of social media platforms including, but not limited to, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram
Deadline: July 13 by 4:00pm
Apply to: Send resumé and cover letter to Rozalyn Werner-Arcé, Executive Director @ email@example.com
In compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), TRO provides reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If contacted for an interview, applicants should make any accommodation needs known at that time. We thank all those who apply, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.