- Association Concepts
- Markham, ON
- Job Category
- Admin/Clerical/Customer Service
- Job Type
Association Concepts is an Association Management and Event Planning Company that has been in business for over 50 years. We serve over 20 non-profit associations and are located in Markham, Ontario. We are currently looking for an enthusiastic and upbeat Account Coordinator to work with a Senior Account Executive and an Event Manager on multiple clients. The successful candidate will possess an understanding of not for profit governance and will have strong minute taking skills.
Board & Committee Support:
Responsible for the day to day support of Boards of Directors and Association committees - including scheduling, arranging meeting coordinates and/or setting up conference calls, development of agendas and providing required reports and information. The successful candidate must possess strong minute taking, writing and editing skills, and be able to follow up on all post meeting assignments and advise re policy and procedures where necessary.
- Develop marketing and/or promotional pieces for association clients as per marketing plan; including flyers, publications, and directories
- Responsible for updating and overall maintenance of client websites with the Webmaster
- Development of regular e-blasts to membership promoting upcoming association activities
- Responding to inquiries from members and the public
Educational Program Management and Operations:
Assist with client educational courses including the updating of course resource materials and attending courses onsite to provide logistical support. Ideally, the candidate will also be familiar with software programs offering in-house webinar programs.
- Minimum of three years of experience in administration/operations in the non-profit sector
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including editorial and minute taking abilities
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with a volunteer Board of Directors, staff and external stakeholders
- Well organized, flexible and have the ability to multi-task and work effectively as part of a team or independently
- Proficiency in Windows based software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Database Management)
- The job incumbent may be required to perform other duties as assigned
- Evening and weekend work as well as limited travel will be required