Chief Executive Officer
The Downtown Winnipeg BIZ has an exciting executive leadership opportunity for a:
Chief Executive Officer
ABOUT US: Established in 1989 by the City of Winnipeg, the Downtown Winnipeg Business Improvement Zone (the BIZ) is the oldest of Winnipeg’s 16 business improvement zones. Led by an elected board of directors comprised of business owners, leaders and a city hall representative – the BIZ markets the city centre on behalf of 1,300 businesses and provides services that target the downtown image, cleanliness, safety, transportation, and parking. The BIZ creates programs, host events and promotes downtown as a great place to work, shop, and live. It is the voice of the downtown business community, advocating for a continued vibrant downtown revitalization and enhanced services.
Working with the City of Winnipeg and all levels of government, the Downtown Winnipeg BIZ is a well-respected and highly influential not-for-profit organization that acts an innovative change agent and community leader to support a strong vision for the heart of our city. With a talented staff of almost 100, the BIZ is a thought-leader creating and shaping conversations with members, stakeholders, politicians and Winnipeggers.
OUR REQUIREMENTS: We are seeking a dynamic, entrepreneurial and strategic CEO who is passionate about people and Downtown Winnipeg and capable in the areas of community outreach & social infrastructures, business development, and understanding the political landscape; a strong collaborator and consensus builder to bring diverse stakeholder groups together; possesses expertise on urban issues; and an exemplary, trustworthy and ethical leader. Specific skills required:
- 10+ years’ experience in a senior executive role leading a high-profile and fast paced organization;
- Exceptional leadership, coaching and mentoring skills to support a diverse and highly creative team;
- A strong general management background including budgeting, financial reporting and oversight;
- An accomplished public speaker with excellent written and verbal communication skills, highly skilled in the area of media relations and working with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and lead strategic initiatives;
- Strong local network with efficient and effective networking skills to maintaining existing funding and investigate and secure new funding avenues; as well as uniting diverse stakeholders on a common platform.
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Community Economic Development, Urban Planning, Architecture, Marketing or Business Degree, and/or an equivalent combination of experience and education.
QUALIFIED CANDIDATES should submit their cover letter and resume to dtBIZ.firstname.lastname@example.org including salary expectations no later than Wednesday, July 18th, 2018.
We thank all candidates for their interest. Only those candidates who meet the requirements of the position to the degree preferred will be contacted.