The CPA has an exciting opportunity for a position in our Certification Department for a Bilingual Certification Coordinator. This position coordinates and administers Payroll Compliance Practitioner (PCP) and Certified Payroll Manager (CPM) certification courses in the assigned academic institutions or delivery streams, while ensuring that the Canadian Payroll Association’s academic standards, policies, and procedures are adhered to. This position also provides support to prospective and registered students.
Respond to inquiries from students and prospective students with regard to:
- General certification information
- Course delivery method options
- Course registration processes
- The advantages of gaining certification
- Liaise with educational affiliates who offer the Canadian Payroll Association’s Certification courses, as well as other external stakeholders, on a regular basis.
- Equitably distribute courses to Online Instructors and ensure timely processing of Instructor Invoices
- Implement course enrolment increase strategies such as scheduled e-blasts for all public college offerings, increased business development research, increased Benefits of Certification seminars and webinars
- Represent the Canadian Payroll Association at events such as the annual Certification Recognition Events and Coordinator and Instructor Conference
Coordination of Certification Programs:
Coordinate and manage all aspects of the certification course administration within assigned portfolios including:
- Creating iMIS Meeting Events for each session (set up class/course) and publishing to website
- Coordinating registrations with Member Services Department
- Ensuring the course material is available to students when class commences including textbooks, updated course outlines, and student guides
- Ensuring students and instructors gain access to the education platform required to complete the course
- Processing Cancellations, Transfers, Refunds, and Rewrites
- Uploading course marks
- Issuing course transcripts
- Resolving any student issues or college issues throughout the program
- Maintaining accounts receivable for institutions within portfolio
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of departmental processes and/or course administrative processes through participation in projects (e.g., implementation of the exam writing centres for the CPM courses).
- Post-secondary education – College diploma.
- Fluently bilingual is required, English and French, both written and spoken.
- Completion of Payroll Compliance Legislation (PCL) course and CSAE 100 course required within the first two years of employment.
- Experience working with post-secondary schools would be an asset.
- Proficient computer skills/knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook).
- Knowledge of iMIS database would be an asset.
- Resourceful and dynamic; able to adapt to change and thrive in a demanding environment.
- Communicates effectively and appropriately and produces clear and complete written articles, materials and reports that meet the needs of students and other stakeholders
- Team player with excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and oral and written communications.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to multi-task with multiple projects and activities in meeting tight deadlines
- Takes a proactive approach to anticipating and preventing problems and when problems occur.
- Maintain Confidentiality.
The Canadian Payroll Association is the national association that has represented employers’ payroll interests since 1978. The CPA is an influential organization, affecting payroll practices in hundreds of thousands of small, medium and large employers across the country. With more than 19,500 members in Canada and abroad, the CPA is recognized as the pre-eminent source of knowledge and information for anyone who administers a Canadian payroll; delivering certification, professional development programs, and products and services that enable payroll practitioners to enhance operations, meet new legislative requirements and utilize emerging technologies.
You’ll love working for the CPA because:
- We reward competitively for your skills and contribution
- You will be eligible to receive a performance incentive based on your contribution and Association results
- We offer comprehensive Group Benefits & RRSP programs
- We are conveniently located in downtown Toronto
- You will enjoy seasonal floater days, personal paid days
- We encourage you to continuously develop your talents and toolkit through exciting projects and our professional development program
- You will be part of a talented & enthusiastic team!
Interested candidates should forward their resume and cover letter to:
The Canadian Payroll Association
The Canadian Payroll Association is committed to diversity and employment equity and welcomes all applications from qualified individuals.
The Canadian Payroll Association is an equal opportunity employer; as such, accommodation is available to applicants that may require it. Applicants requiring accommodation are encouraged to contact Jelena Misur, HR Coordinator at Jelena.firstname.lastname@example.org or to discuss requirements.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
More search results
Bond Executive Offices
Coordinator, Communications and Marketing
Ontario Non-Profit Housing Association - 307603
University of Toronto Faculty Association
Assistant Deputy Minister, Regional Operations Di…
BC Public Service Agency
Senior Manager, Orthopaedic Division
Canadian Physiotherapy Association