- FITT - Forum for International Trade Training
- Ottawa, Ontario
- Job Category
- Admin/Clerical/Customer Service
- Job Type
FITT - Manager, Education and Certification
The Forum for International Trade Training (FITT) is a professional organization that is proud to offer the only international business training programs and related professional designation (CITP®|FIBP®) endorsed by the World Trade Center Association and the Canadian government. Our international business training solutions are the standard of excellence for global trade professionals across Canada and around the world.
Reporting to the Vice-President, this position is responsible for delivering high quality personal customer experience to FITT educational partners, learners, and members. Responsible for the day-to-day operations of FITT’s education and certification programs, this position manages, coordinates, and administers all procedures related to: 1) training program offerings; 2) membership and certification applications; and, 3) operationalizing educational partnerships.
This position is most suited to an individual who thrives in a small business environment involving a combination of strategic thinking and a hands-on approach. Specifically, the successful candidate will:
• Manage, coordinate and administer training, certification, educational partner and membership initiatives following established processes and procedures;
• Continuous review of processes and procedures to identify areas for improvement and/or enhanced efficiencies and client experience;
• Establish and maintain ongoing communication and relationships with educational partners and certification candidates;
• Enhance the quality and consistency of the client experience by analyzing data to determine the effectiveness of products and services;
• Manage and support efforts of the Content Advisory Panel and the Certification and Accreditation Committee;
• Ensure that record keeping and statistical information is maintained and updated;
• Manage and coordinate, in collaboration with clients, staff, and subject matter experts, the development and delivery of training programs, as well as technical content and curriculum development;
• Conduct learning needs analysis and assessments to ensure service offerings remain current and relevant; and that offerings are in accordance with client needs and FITT standards;
• Remain abreast of emerging industry trends, relevant technologies and adult learning techniques that may be implemented to enhance the value of FITT offerings;
• Ensure compliance with third-party regulatory requirements and standards such as ISO 17024;
• Assist in the development of financials for the unit, and initiating cost efficiencies; and,
• Special projects and other duties as required.
Education and Experience:
• Post-secondary education and/or experience and professional development.
• Relevant solid project experience supporting the development of training, certification and/or professional development programs, with deep knowledge and understanding of adult learning principles.
• Technology savvy with working ability in Moodle and Adobe InDesign as well as database skills and experience.
• Excellent project management skills.
o Fluency in English and French
o Experience with small businesses and/or not-for-profit sector
o CITP or FITTskills graduate
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Knowledge of principles and processes for third-party accreditation (e.g. ISO).
• Attention to detail, with an ability to produce high-quality work efficiently under tight timeframes and the ability to effectively prioritize multiple projects.
• Ability to work at both a strategic and tactical level to achieve results.
• Strong technical knowledge on Database and relevant software technology tools.
• Experience working with post-secondary educational institutions.
• Exceptional project management skills; ability to prioritize, focus, lead, delegate, adapt.
• Flexibility in managing multiple issues and coping with a demanding workload.
FITT Core Values
All FITT employees are expected to operate under the following core values:
• Collaboration: We build purposeful, professional and mutually beneficial relationships.
• Quality: We continuously improve our products, services and processes.
• Client Focus: We are relevant and responsive to clients.
• Diversity: We value, respect and develop diverse talents and teams.
More search results
Canadian Mental Health Association, Cochrane-Timiskaming Branch
Chief Operating Officer - Ontario Road Builders …
MacLeod & Associates
Social Planning Toronto
Canadian Museums Association
Manager or Director, Urban Affairs
Canadian Home Builders' Association