- Social Planning Toronto
- Toronto, Ontario
- Job Category
- Job Type
Social Planning Toronto (SPT) is a non-profit, charitable community organization that works to improve equity, social justice and quality of life in Toronto through community capacity building, community education and advocacy, policy research and analysis, and social reporting. Formally known as the Community Social Planning Council of Toronto, SPT has spent over 60 years providing critical social research and reporting, community capacity-building and engagement as well as evidence-based advocacy for Toronto and its communities.
Social Planning Toronto is committed to building a "Civic Society" one in which diversity, equity, social and economic justice, interdependence and active civic participation are central to all aspects of our lives - in our families, neighbourhoods, voluntary and recreational activities, and in our politics.
The Board of SPT is hiring a new Executive Director. The successful candidate will provide strategic, creative and dynamic leadership to the agency. He/she will be responsible for organizational stewardship & capacity-building to advance social justice and civic engagement in the City of Toronto by working with staff, community partners and the Board of Directors to promote the social research and community planning work of SPT.
- A strong understanding of the importance of the governance role and the relationship between the Executive Director and the Board of Directors
- Proven track record in an advocacy role and ability to influence local government / government relations
- Exceptional networker and connector who brings the experience and ability to establish and build relationships with key stakeholders
- Ability to inspire staff to optimize their level of performance and productivity in a team-oriented environment
- A strategic thinker with strong leadership skills
- A minimum of 7 to 9 years of experience in progressively senior management positions
- Demonstrated track record of financial competency
- An articulate communicator (written & verbal) with highly effective presentation and public speaking skills
- Previous leadership in promoting social justice and equity
- A strong understanding of the changing culture of Toronto
- Track record of engaging diverse voices and working with diverse groups
- Previous experience in a unionized environment an asset
- Master’s degree or equivalent managerial experience in a field relevant to the work of social planning.
Working Style Profile
- Commitment to improving equity, social justice and quality of life in Toronto
- Ability to work in complex setting and with many groups in community
- Understands the need to equally represent SPT externally and support staff internally
- Passion for the mission of Social Planning Toronto
- Experience in a unionized environment
This search is being conducted on behalf of Social Planning Toronto by crawfordconnect, a search firm specializing in recruiting leaders for Canada’s non-profit sector. If someone you know may be interested in this position, please feel free to forward this document – we’d be pleased to connect with them.
By August 27, 2018, please apply with both your cover letter and resume through our website at http://jobs.crawfordconnect.com/jobposting.asp?WebJobPostingsID=41
We request all applications to be submitted online only.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their resume and letter of interest online only, in confidence. We thank all applicants for applying, however, only qualified candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
More search results
Association of Consulting Engineering Companies-Canada
Director, Member Services
Canadian Bar Association of BC
College of Physiotherapists of New Brunswick
Air Cadet League of Canada Ontario Provincial Committee
Dr. Jays Children's Grief Centre