Reporting directly to the CEO, the Director of Finance and Administration is responsible for providing leadership of the OCFP’s business support function. This includes leading the business planning process, oversight of the finance, IT, facilities and human resources functions, and risk management for the organization.
The Director works closely with the CEO, OCFP Board of Directors, and Finance Committee on financial and business planning activities to support the OCFP’s vision and strategic plan. Establishing and maintaining strong financial performance is a core function of the role.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Business Planning
- Financial Performance and Reporting
- Board/Finance Committee:
- Administration (Information Technology, Procurement, Facilities, Risk Management, and Human Resources)
A full description of the responsibilities in each of the categories can be found at https://ocfp.on.ca/docs/default-source/careers/director-education-aug18.pdf?sfvrsn=3be1fb89_4
- 2-3 Direct Reports
- Undergraduate degree in accounting, finance and/or business administration and a recognized accounting designation (CMA, CPA, CGA) required.
- A minimum of 10 years of recent experience leading the finance function of a not-for-profit, healthcare, public sector or similar organization; ideally with at least 6 years broader operations management experience including oversight of HR and IT functions.
- Demonstrated understanding of ministry funding and reporting requirements, GST and other rebates applicable to Not-for-Profit organizations.
- Strong business acumen demonstrated through the leadership and implementation of effective business and financial planning process, development of new business models and successful investment strategies.
- Understanding of strategic HR and best practice methodologies and experience in implementing these methodologies.
- Strong knowledge and demonstrated ability to lead IT system implementation
- Strong technical skills with experience selecting and overseeing the IT function and software implementations and managing relationships with software vendors; advanced knowledge of MS Excel, accounting and reporting software required.
- Demonstrated ability in preparing financial statements and analysis, reporting, budgeting, and forecasting.
- Experience in developing business cases and funding proposals including the establishment of cost projections and revenue orecasting.
- Proven experience in developing successful working relationships with Board of Directors and member-based committees would be an asset.
- Excellent negotiating, decision-making, problem-solving, coaching and conflict resolution skills.
- Exceptional leadership skills with a commitment to collaboration, joint-accountability, and strong relationships with OCFP members, partners, and external organizations.
- Proven success in developing strong and collaborative teams by demonstrating a positive, proactive, and engaging leadership style.
- Superior oral and written communications skills, to both effectively represent the OCFP in presentations and meetings, as well as in preparation of briefing materials, reports, and proposals.
- Problem solving and critical thinking skills, including ability to anticipate obstacles and develop an appropriate and strategic course of action
- Able to attend occasional weekend and evening work as required.
OCFP’s core competencies are designed to nurture employee engagement through best people practices. All leaders will demonstrate strength in the OCFP’s competencies. The full description of the core competencies can be found at https://ocfp.on.ca/docs/default-source/careers/director-education-aug18.pdf?sfvrsn=3be1fb89_4
How to Apply: All qualified applicants are encouraged to submit their cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5:00 p.m. on Thursday, September 27, 2018. Interviews may begin prior to the closing date.
More search results
Administrative Assistant & Bookkeeper
Surety Association of Canada
Community Living Ajax-Pickering and Whitby
Lead, Events & Communications / Chef, Événements…
PHE Canada / EPS Canada
Manager, Recruitment and Member Services / Gestio…
National Association of Federal Retirees - 284749
CMC-Canada (Canadian Association of Management Consultants