Organizational Development Specialist
Girl Guides of Canada (GGC) provides a safe space where every girl is empowered to be everything she wants to be.
We are currently seeking a dynamic individual who is looking for an exciting opportunity to innovate and participate in taking GGC in a new direction. This is an exciting time to join GGC as we bring to life an ambitious three-year strategic plan in pursuit of our vision for “a better world, by girls!”
The Organizational Development Specialist will:
- Support the development and implementation of the overall People and Culture plan including leading the development, implementation, and evaluation of a number of organizational development initiatives such as a new nation-wide customer service model and framework that engages both staff and volunteers from a change and transition perspective and a consolidated learning and development vision that brings together and aligns all aspects of training and development country-wide
- Assist the organization in areas of leadership and talent development, change management, team development, process excellence, and organizational learning and effectiveness
- Provide advice and support to GGC’s strategic and transformational change initiatives and operate as an internal consultant to identify, develop and implement organizational effectiveness interventions
You should apply if:
- You embody the attributes of our core DNA – welcoming, imaginative, courageous and enthusiastic
- You are creative, curious and passionate about GGC’s future and you are excited by the prospect of rolling up your sleeves and working to leverage the potential of over 20,000 volunteers to deliver on GGC’s mission “to be a catalyst for girls empowering girls”
- You have a strong customer service orientation
- You have leading-edge knowledge of organizational development and organizational behavior theories and bring with you a toolkit of related practices and methodologies
- You have experience in the development, implementation, coordination and evaluation of organizational development initiatives
- You have demonstrated agility in leading & supporting transformational change within complex organizations
- You are adept at facilitating efforts and interventions in pursuit of process excellence
- You are a leader with strong influence skills and able to work with a variety of people to produce results within a highly collaborative environment
- You have exceptional facilitation skills, as well as verbal and written communication
- You are emotionally intelligent, possess exceptional diplomacy and conflict management skills, and are adept at navigating organizational culture
- You are a systems-thinker with well-developed conceptual abilities
- You have formal post-secondary education and work experience relevant to this role
- You are willing to travel to various Canadian locations on occasion
Submit a cover letter and resume (as one file) with salary expectations by September 19, 2018 to:
Leisa McKenzie – Manager, People & Culture
Girl Guides of Canada–Guides du Canada
50 Merton Street, Toronto, Ontario M4S 1A3 E-mail HR@girlguides.ca
*Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
Girl Guides of Canada–Guides du Canada (GGC) recognizes and values the richness of human diversity in its many forms, and therefore strives to ensure environments where girls and women from all walks of life, identities, and lived experiences feel a sense of belonging and can participate fully. This commitment to inclusion means our culture, programming, and practices encourage self-awareness and awareness of others; room for difference; and environments where girls and women feel safe, respected, supported, and inspired to reach their potential.
We thank all candidates for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Upon request, Girl Guides of Canada–Guides du Canada will make available reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities during the recruitment process. Accommodation requests should be made in advance to People & Culture.
More search results
Administrative Assistant & Bookkeeper
Surety Association of Canada
Community Living Ajax-Pickering and Whitby
Lead, Events & Communications / Chef, Événements…
PHE Canada / EPS Canada
Manager, Recruitment and Member Services / Gestio…
National Association of Federal Retirees - 284749
CMC-Canada (Canadian Association of Management Consultants