- Ontario General Contractors Association
- Please provide salary expectations in letter.
- Job Category
- Admin/Clerical/Customer Service, Marketing & Communications
- Job Type
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic, influential and professional not-for-profit Construction Association, representing the General Contractors of Ontario (www.ogca.ca). We consist of a small efficient team of office staff which collaborates together to meet the member’s needs. OGCA is an equal opportunity employer. We also strongly believe in additional training and education for our staff.
This position will focus on recruiting new members, retaining existing members and promoting the OGCA. The Membership and Programs Coordinator will be responsible for executing the Association’s member services and Marketing objectives, in compliance with our Strategic Plan, while working with the office staff coordinating events undertaken by OGCA to provide benefits to members.
Reporting to the Office Manager and working with the Director of Government Relations and Communication, the key responsibilities for this position would include:
- Exploring opportunities and making recommendations to add value-added products and communications services
- Assisting the Office Manager when required with planning and execution of OGCA events, including the Safety Awards Breakfast, Annual General Meeting, Bi-Annual Symposium, golf tournament, professional development webinars, Leadership Day and Safety Awards
- Supporting the Associate Partners Program and members
Candidate Qualifications and Professional Attributes
- Hands-on individual capable of planning, executing and completing deliverables on time
- Post-secondary education in a relevant field or equivalent working experience
- Demonstrated team player with well-developed interpersonal skills
- Creative, innovative and resourceful; media design experience an asset
- Demonstrate strong organizational and budgeting skills
- Skilled in sales and relationship management
- Broad knowledge of computer technologies and software such as Microsoft Office, Word Press, Constant Contact, social media and membership databases
- Support the Safety Committee (including minute taking and distribution), as well as the Safety Pass and development of Safety Services
- Experience within the construction industry or with not-for-profit organizations considered an asset
- A commitment to work cooperatively in a small team environment with colleagues, board of directors and volunteers
- Must be available for occasional work outside of regular office hours
- This position requires the individual to possess a valid driver’s licence with access to a vehicle
In keeping with the goals of our Strategic Plan, the Membership and Programs Coordinator will:
- Evaluate member value and member expectations through surveys and member outreach
- Assess new membership opportunities, meet with potential members, market and sell membership to achieve growth targets
Working with the Director of Government Relations and Communications and Office Manager to maintain, develop and implement a communications plan. Communicate interactively with members and stakeholders effectively through email and phone, E-Newsletter, bulletins, website, social media, magazine and other communication mediums.
- Soliciting, coordinating, and preparing presentations to various outside stakeholder groups.
- Working with the senior staff to develop and improve the association’s publications including brochures and promotional material.
- Coordinating and organizing promotional and educational events for the construction and business communities.
- Provide guidance, communication and support to the Safety Committee
- Oversee development of and communication of products and services
- Promote and develop the Safety Pass
This is a permanent full-time position (40 hours/week) with a competitive salary and a full benefits package including dental, medical (drugs), life insurance and long-term disability. Parking and mileage are paid by the Association.
How to Apply
If you are interested and qualified for this position, we invite you to send us your resume with cover letter (in one document in PDF or Word format) including salary expectations via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about the Ontario General Contractors Association, visit www.ogca.ca Twitter: @OGCAInfo
Only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Ontario General Contractors Association
6299 Airport Road, Suite 703
Mississauga, Ontario L4V 1N3
More search results
Administrative Assistant & Bookkeeper
Surety Association of Canada
Community Living Ajax-Pickering and Whitby
Lead, Events & Communications / Chef, Événements…
PHE Canada / EPS Canada
Manager, Recruitment and Member Services / Gestio…
National Association of Federal Retirees - 284749
CMC-Canada (Canadian Association of Management Consultants