Lead, Events & Communications / Chef, Événements et communications
The Lead, Events & Communications is a full time position designed to assist with the development and implementation of communications projects that support PHE Canada initiatives and maintain a positive profile with its members and the public.
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND EXPERIENCE
- Diploma or degree in communications, public relations, journalism, or a related discipline and a minimum of three years' experience with communications projects or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Ability to craft compelling content and collateral tailored for various audiences and purposes, including web pages, e-newsletters, marketing collateral, program announcements, classroom resources, press releases, editorials, scripts, reports, blogs, and social media posts.
- Lead the organization of annual professional development awards and events (National Conference, National Research Forum).
- Ability to maintain and advance corporate website and microsites with knowledge of emerging and best practices in web development/design.
- Ability to manage social media accounts, and maintain content calendar in line with campaign priorities and partner activities.
- Skills in editing, layout, and graphic design skills using software applications and platforms such as Drupal, WordPress, InDesign, Photoshop, and MailChimp.
- Ability to jump right in and translate our brand platform into communications plans and strategies that result in effective communications content/collateral.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a wide variety of PHE Canada stakeholders, including staff, media, and the public.
- Skills in media relations and media monitoring.
- Knowledge of sector regulations and best practices (e.g. CASL).
- A portfolio of recent work that shows examples of your strong visual design work for print and web and your experience producing content for web, blogs, social media, etc.
- Conference and project management experience.
- Experience with video and presentation editing tools.
- Experience with digital media, including monitoring/analytics and developing strategies to identify, plan, and execute digital media goals for website, e-communication, and social media channels.
- Creative spirit and good relationship-building skills.
- A minimum three years' direct events and communications experience.
- Experience working within a non-profit or physical health or education environment.
- Experience with managing high-profile reputational, service, and stakeholder-related issues.
- Bilingual [French in addition to English].
YOUR FUTURE TEAM
- PHE Canada’s vision is for all Canadian children to lead healthy and active lives. By joining our team, you will support and champion the work of educators, researchers, public health workers, and change-makers who are critical to the realization of our vision.
- The Lead, Events & Communications will work with our team on a wide-range of local program and national campaign initiatives. You will have a mix of independent and team projects.
- The perfect fit for us is someone who has strong attention to detail and is hands on. You have many good ideas and are comfortable throwing them out into the group for input. You have a good eye for design and have a great sense of humour. This is a high performing but small team and we will rise to the occasion together. Supporting young people to live healthier lives is meaningful work and we take a lot of pride in that.
- We wrote this together and we hope you will contact us if you see yourself as part of the team.
PHE Canada is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to hiring a workforce inclusive of the diverse population it serves.
Interested candidates should submit their covering letter, one to two samples of their work (in links or attachments) and resume no later than Friday, October 5th, 2018 to:
* Please note: We appreciate your interest and thank you for your consideration; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
More search results
Administrative Assistant & Bookkeeper
Surety Association of Canada
Community Living Ajax-Pickering and Whitby
Manager, Recruitment and Member Services / Gestio…
National Association of Federal Retirees - 284749
CMC-Canada (Canadian Association of Management Consultants
President, Canadian Steel Producers Association
Boyden Global Executive Search