Director, Knowledge Mobilization & Impact
The Director of Knowledge Mobilization & Impact is a full-time position designed to lead the development and implementation of national programs that support physical and health education curriculum and a Comprehensive School Health approach in Canadian schools.
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND EXPERIENCE
- Degree(s) in Physical Education, Education, Social Work, Kinesiology, Health Promotion or related fields.
- Three to five years' experience with Physical and Health Education (PHE) projects.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Leadership – Convene diverse national teams to support best practices in education, health, and community within a Healthy School Community framework.
- Innovation – Conceive ideas and convene groups to design, implement and evaluate innovative HPE programs.
- Research - Knowledge of comprehensive school health framework, PHE curriculum, pedagogy and research methodology.
- Professional Development - Lead the organization in developing the national conference program highlighting innovative, critical and recognized best practices in education, health, and research. Develop and deliver presentations.
- Project Management – Develop, oversee and monitor program plans and budgets ensuring high level of accountability and impact.
- Advocacy - Present, author and be the spokesperson for PHE Canada sharing compelling and relevant content and collateral.
- Review and Endorsement – Lead and convene national review teams to evaluate and endorse 3rdparty resources ensuring best practices.
- Development - In collaboration with team members, contribute to the development of grants and proposals, program development, and communication plans.
- Stakeholder Engagement - Ability to establish and maintain effective 2 way working relationships with a wide variety of PHE Canada stakeholders, including educators, researchers, sector partners, staff, media, and the public.
- Network – Grow, maintain and activate a network of thought leaders and organizations related to HPE curriculum, pedagogy and active healthy living programming in the home, school and community.
- A portfolio of recent work that shows examples of your strong written work.
- Project management / management experience.
- Excellent written and presentation skills.
- Proficient communication skills on multiple platforms (virtual, in person etc.)
- Research and evaluation skills.
- Innovative spirit and good relationship-building skills.
- Experience with managing high-profile reputational, service, and stakeholder-related issues.
- Master’s level degree to support research to practice (ability to read/understand research, understand program evaluation, measurement, variables, etc.)
- Bilingual - French in addition to English.
YOUR FUTURE TEAM
- PHE Canada’s vision is for all Canadian children to lead healthy and active lives. By joining our team, you will support and champion the work of educators, researchers, public health workers, and change-makers who are critical to the realization of our vision.
- The Director of Knowledge Mobilization & Impact will work with our team on a wide-range of local program and national campaign initiatives. You will have a mix of independent and team projects.
- The perfect fit for us is someone who has strong attention to detail and is hands on. You have many good ideas and are comfortable throwing them out into the group for input. You have a good eye for design and have a great sense of humour. This is a high performing but small team and we will rise to the occasion together. Supporting young people to live healthier lives is meaningful work and we take a lot of pride in that.
- We wrote this together and we hope you will contact us if you see yourself as part of the team.
PHE Canada is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to hiring a workforce inclusive of the diverse population it serves.
Interested candidates should submit their covering letter, one to two samples of their work (in links or attachments) and resume no later than Friday, November 16th, 2018 to:
Closing date: Friday, November 16th, 2018.
* Please note: We appreciate your interest and thank you for your consideration; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.