Chief Operating Officer
- BC Ministry of Attorney General
- $101,900 - $127,400 annually
- Job Category
BC Ministry of Attorney General
Chief Operating Officer
$101,900.00 - $127,400.00 annually
The proposed Human Rights Commission (HRC) will be accountable directly to B.C.’s Legislative Assembly. As an independent agency the HRC will aim to foster social change by educating British Columbians on human rights and by examining and addressing discrimination, particularly of a systemic nature. The HRC’s mandate is to develop educational tools, policies and guidelines to promote human rights, to combat widespread patterns of inequality and discrimination in society and to hold government and the private sector to account. Reporting to the Commissioner, the Chief Operating Officer (COO) is the executive operational leader responsible for the overall vision and direction for the organization.
The COO provides leadership oversight for the development of initiatives, programs and policies in support of the HRC’s mandate in affirming the rights of disadvantaged and marginalized groups such as: Indigenous peoples, LGBTQ2S+; persons with disabilities; ethnic, religious or linguistic minorities; and/or women and children. The COO is an experienced and effective servant leader with excellent people skills, strong business acumen, an exemplary work ethic, with values that are fully aligned with the mandate of the HRC.
The COO champions the design and implementation of informational and educational programs and initiatives with provincial scope, through collaboration with a wide range of partners, leaders of various groups and organizations and other interested parties, to identify opportunities and trends relevant for HRC’s education and information-sharing priorities. As an inspirational leader, the COO leads the HRC team to translate these opportunities and trends into written, visual and audio materials that utilize digital research technology, effective communication tools and social media platforms to reach multiple sectors, distances and communities province-wide with readily accessible information.
Qualifications for this role include:
- A Masters’ degree in a related area such as business administration, public administration or other related discipline.
- A minimum of 10 years’ progressively more responsible senior leadership experience with a minimum of 5 years’ experience leading in a large service-focused environment with responsibility for delivering on business results and outcomes. This experience must include:
- Direct experience in leading the creation of a new work unit, organization or business area and establishing infrastructure;
- Seeking out and cultivating collaborative relationships with internal and external partners and leaders;
- Providing organizational vision, leading strategic planning, developing and executing strategic plans, business plans and service plans; and
- Leading and supporting the development and implementation of multifaceted projects.
- A combination of other relevant education and experience may be considered.
For more information and to apply online by November 23, 2018, please go to: https://bcpublicservice.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/55370
More search results
Executive Director/Directeur général/Directrice g…
Boyden global executive search - 334094
Manager, Business Development, Green Key Global
Hotel Association of Canada - 346880
Manager, Corporate Partnerships (2-Year Contract)
Ontario Association of Certified Engineering Technicians and Technologists
AQDFL (Association québécoise de la distribution de fruits et légumes) / QPMA
Chief Executive Officer
Automotive Retailers Association