The Ontario Provincial Committee of the Air Cadet League of Canada seeks an Executive Director for day-to-day management of the OPC and to take the lead in key developmental activities.
The Executive Director is responsible for operations and management of the OPC office in Markham, which provides oversight, services and support to local Air Cadet Squadron Sponsoring Committees and provincial volunteers. League activities require effective working relationships with the National level of the Air Cadet League, as well as provincial Army Cadet and Navy Leagues, Regional and Area units of DND’s Cadets & Canadian Junior Rangers Support Group, and a wide variety of stakeholders.
There are currently 8,400 Air Cadets in 121 Squadrons, supported by 2,600 registered and screened volunteers, throughout Ontario.
The Executive Director reports to the Board of Governors through the elected Provincial Chairperson and has responsibility for corporate governance and legislative compliance, as Secretary of the Corporation. The duties and responsibilities are wide-ranging, but include the following major areas:
- Office and personnel management (5-6 employees);
- Oversight of guidance and support provided to local Squadrons and volunteers;
- Oversight of major program areas – including an annual province-wide raffle lottery;
- Ensuring best practices and data security in the application of information technology, which includes Wild Apricot management software;
- Lead hand in external fund generation;
- Cultivating corporate, government and organizational relationships/partnerships;
- Effective use of various social media to reach and engage internal and external audiences.
The Executive Director will have a minimum of five years’ senior managerial experience, combined with a relevant degree or professional certification (e.g., a CAE), or other suitable combination of education and experience. They will also have a successful track record in financial management, fundraising, volunteer management, community engagement, and partnership building. Presentation and meeting skills are essential for representing the OPC in planning sessions and public forums, as are group leadership and team-building abilities. Good knowledge of federal Charity rules and compliance requirements is necessary.
- Experience as a member, supporter or instructor in the Canadian Cadet Program, or as a Canadian Armed Forces member, will be an asset.
- Terms of employment will require regular daily attendance at the Office – not a distance work arrangement.
- Some provincial and national travel is required.
- Salary will be commensurate with skills and experience, but the position will be of interest to those seeking a starting range of $70,000 to $88,000.
Candidates must submit a resume, with covering letter, no later than November 23, 2018, to the OPC Search Committee at SearchCommittee@aircadetleague.on.ca. (No telephone calls, please).
- Additional info: ED Notice_v1 (412kb) (the link will open in a new window)
More search results
President and CEO / Président-directeur général
Canadian Electricity Association / Association canadienne de l’électricité
Chief Executive Officer
BC Seniors Living Association
President & CEO
Electric Mobility Canada
ISAND (Integrated Services for Autism and Neurodevelopmental Disorders)
Graduate Students' Association, University of Calgary