Director of Member Services
You’re a strategic leader who is a natural at connecting with people – whether clients, team members, volunteers, or external stakeholders. A strategic thinker, you’re talented at finding both opportunities and solutions to stay one step ahead. You’re innovative in your work, and you often look to technology to create and deliver results.
Smart, Savvy + Associates has partnered with the Canadian Bar Association – BC Branch (CBABC) in their search for a Director of Member Services. This key management role within CBABC supports the non-profit association with professional development and networking opportunities for its 7,000+ lawyers, judges, and law student members. If you’re a connected leader in a member-based organization, with experience creating education programs where professionals can connect, this might be the new challenge you’re seeking!
About the role:
The Director of Member Services is responsible both for Sections and Professional Development. Sections, the entry point for members to become active in the CBA, are practice-focused groups organized by substantive areas of law. They provide education, resources and opportunities. They also address legal issues, regulations and trends. Main areas of responsibility include:
- Development and implementation of Sections Engagement and Professional Development strategies, designed to engage and delight members and volunteers, and to meet PD revenue targets
- Extensive relationship management in support of Sections/PD program objectives – with the Association’s membership, key volunteers across the province, and with other justice system partners and PD providers
- Direct management of a $700K budget and six full-time staff, and active participation in a management team collectively responsible for a budget of $3M and 18 full-time staff
- CBABC staff leadership on Sections/PD-related Branch and National committees and initiatives
- 5+ years’ experience in a management role, with direct responsibility for strategy development, budgeting, revenue generation and staff supervision/performance management
- Post-secondary education in business management, adult education, law or other relevant program
- Proficient working with technology and learning new platforms/applications; expert user in MS Office Suite
- Dedicated to understanding, connecting and educating professionals, using innovative strategy and delivery methods to include local and remote members
- Strong leadership skills who coaches and motivates team members to reach their potential
- Builds strong relationships with others; engages team members in strategic and operational discussions.
- An enthusiastic ‘doer’ who thrives on managing multiple projects, identifying new markets and topics, and meeting/contacting members to engage them in volunteer roles
About Smart, Savvy + Associates
Smart, Savvy + Associates are expert providers of recruitment of high caliber marketing, communications, creative, and sales professionals. Our specialty is strong relationships: we get to know our candidates and we take the time to explore the job requirements, cultural context and business objectives surrounding each hire.