The Executive Assistant position supports management and is responsible for assisting, preparing and sending association correspondence, for the scheduling of ACEC meetings, Board meetings, and preparing the office Boardroom to host official meetings. This will include liaison communication with ACEC Member Organizations, with hotels and catering businesses. This individual will also be required to assist with the President’s travel requirements for conferences, Board meetings, and other association meetings outside of Ottawa.
The person will play a key role in assisting the Director of Business Development in generating and maintaining leads and agreements with potential and existing partners. The Executive Assistant also works with the Director of Business Development and Corporate Partnerships to develop and grow the sales pipeline to consistently meet annual Non-Dues revenue (NDR) goals. The individual is a key player in managing NDR deliverables as well as tracking and receiving payments from sponsors and associate members.
As part of the reception duties, the incumbent will be responsible for general duties, manage publications inventory, sales, procurement and distribution. They will also prepare billings, monthly sales reports, E-shop summary and the maintenance of the annual online publications list. The highly organized individual is also responsible to track and manage registrations for meetings and events.
This person will also be required to assist the Communications team in the delivery of communications materials and website updates.
Executive Assistant to the CEO / President and the Vice-President
- Responsible for coordinating the President. Vice-President, and Directors’ travel requirements for conferences, Board meetings, and other association meetings outside of Ottawa. This support includes booking flights at certain times and room reservations, procuring travel tickets and room confirmations, and summarizing the President’s expenses for submission to the accountant
- Assist in the President’s correspondence, distribution of internal/external communications, and preparation of letters.
Board of Directors responsibilities:
- Prepare and circulate the Notice of Meeting for upcoming board meetings to all board members
- Prepare Board package cover note in InDesign for the Board package
- Prepare all Board reports in PDF and merge into one file to distribute to the Board; circulate to Board one reviewed and approved
- Ensure the on-site Board package is prepared, including Board member tents cards (ensuring they are presentable and current), the Board feedback forms, and the ACEC Strategic Plan
- Website: Ensure that Board of Directors section of the website is up to date ie. photo, firm name, etc.; Add and remove Board members accordingly
- E-mail: Keep the Board of Directors e-mail “group” current
- Lists: Keep the board list and the MO list on the “G” drive current
- Board Orientation Manual: Update files accordingly and circulate to new Board members
- Annual General Meeting: Circulate AGM e-mail, update AGM Power Point presentation, print all documents that are required for the AGM; coordinate distribution and collection of proxies
- Board meeting locations: Book location and coordinate food and beverage orders (BEO), work with the local Member Organization to help organise a member outreach event
Assistant to Director Business Development:
- Manage numerous information gathering grids:
- Maintain a summary status report in Excel showing signed sponsor /associate member agreements, invoice dates, payment method and dates, and renewal dates
- Track specific deliverables concerning the annual conference for each contract signed
- Ensure payment is made by sponsors and facilitate the onboarding process with the Lead Organizer – Programs and Meetings
- Be a resource and on-site contact for sponsors during the national leadership conference
- Assist in identifying prospects:
- Identify companies related to the Consulting Engineering industry by review of related magazines, websites, industries, associations, etc.
- Search and identify key titles to be searched within these companies including key buying influencers such as senior marketing executives, sponsorship leads, and brand professionals.
- Use research methodologies (including calling or emailing company) to enhance the potential contact probability such as reviewing the names generated with Linked-In, etc. (i.e. Internet search, phone, referrals, Toofr.com)
- Identify possible reasons and motivations why prospects may consider sponsoring ACEC-Canada. Where at all possible, attempt to gather information from annual reports and list the company’s connection with the consulting engineering industry plus any previous sponsorships and advertising campaigns they have undertaken
- If not known for certain, identify at least 3 possible contacts within each organization with complete contact information to ensure successful contact with a prospect.
- Add leads in ACEC CRM (Pipedrive) including any relevant information (i.e. Linked-in profile, email info, phone number, website contact link, etc.). Open blue Folder for potential clients and electric folder for any information cumulated on company;
- Develop, gather and maintain a list of the following events:
- ACEC-Canada provincial and territorial MO events and sponsorship opportunity inventory (maintained in Word on Director’s G drive)
- A list of the key networking events, conferences and trade shows in ACEC-Canada’s North American target audiences. (maintained in Outlook)
- Provide a summary monitoring report of lead generation activity
- Greet all incoming visitors, announce arrival to proper personnel.
- Receive and distribute all incoming mail. Record all incoming cheques.
- Prepare letters on request, mailing lists, mail merges and labels. Prepare courier and mail out requests.
- Receive and/or redirect all incoming calls. Request identification prior to announcing all President’s calls; transfer calls to voicemail when necessary.
- Respond to all main voice mail messages. Assist in telephone system maintenance, including the recording of messages for periods where ACEC is closed.
- Read incoming email messages to main mailbox; respond or redirect.
- Maintain the main facsimile machine including pre-programmed distribution lists. Process fax requests. Distribute incoming faxes.
- Prepare and ship all courier requests, call suppliers as needed. Receive and distribute all incoming courier.
- Participate in mailings and events as needed; maintain postage machine.
- Provide assistance in the organizing of the annual conference and awards evening; inputting registration information for the annual conference and awards evening as well as invoicing as required.
- Photocopy documents as required; maintain photocopier.
- Maintain office supplies inventory and cabinet, process and deliver supplies orders, prepare stationary report as needed.
- Participate in year-end stock inventory.
- Ensure that the reception area, boardroom, supply room and kitchen are orderly. Order kitchen supplies as needed.
- Assist in archives updates.
Other duties as assigned.
- Different tasks may be assigned by the management team requiring immediate priority over usual assigned tasks, based on the association’s strategic objectives; this includes but is not limited to assisting the communications team in the delivery of association communications and website updates.
More search results
Executive Director, BCDHA
British Columbia Dental Hygienists' Association
SafetyDriven - Trucking Safety Council of BC (TSCBC)
Program and Event Liaison/Coordinator (Bilingual)
Canadian Society of Association Executives
Manager, Communications and Member Services
Canadian Seed Trade Association
Registrar and Executive Director
BC Public Service