MANAGER, Membership Services
- Canadian Veterinary Medical Assoc
- 339 Booth Street, Ottawa ON K1R 7K1
- Negotiable - based on qualifications & experience
- Job Category
- Marketing & Communications
- Job Type
The Canadian Veterinary Medical Association (CVMA) is seeking a MANAGER, Membership Services
Reporting to the Chief Executive Director (CEO), the Manager, Membership Services will be responsible for leading the Association’s overall strategic objectives related to member engagement and retention.
Some of the primary responsibilities are:
- provide direction, support and guidance to other staff members of the Membership team;
- plan and develop strategic membership initiatives to support the Association’s objectives;
- prepare program plans, reports and annual budgets to support the Association’s membership strategies;
- Oversee the department’s operational budgets (Membership, Students of the CVMA);
- Ensure the successful implementation and delivery for the department’s annual program plans; reviews, analyzes and makes recommendations for improvement;
- Leads the development and implementation of the Association’s membership management database and acts as prime liaison with the system provider;
- Serve as staff liaison with the CVMA Wellness Advisory Group;
- Planning the membership solicitation program (membership campaign)
- Explore partnerships and strategic alliances opportunities to increase the membership value proposition and evaluate and implement partnerships as approved;
- Track various membership statistics and provide analysis and reports;
- Address members concerns/complaints and provide response or resolution where appropriate
- Perform other duties as required from time to time by the CEO.
- Post-secondary education (Communications and/or Marketing/Business Management)
- Advance French knowledge (written and oral) would be preferred
- CVMA is seeking a strong communicator with solid English writing and oral skills
- Several years of experience in the membership and/or communications field is required
- Excellent telephone manners and superior interpersonal skills. The Manager will be expected to employ exceptional member service skills and conduct themselves in a professional and caring manner when dealing with veterinarians/customers
- Punctuality, dependability, reliability and the ability to work under pressure are paramount to this position
- The Manager must be very organized with the ability to handle multiple projects/tasks concurrently and must also have some staff management experience.
This position is permanent (five (5) days a week) and may include some travel. To apply for this position, please email your resume and cover letter no later than January 10, 2018 to the attention of Natalie Cummins, HR Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org. The CVMA would like to thank all applicants, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted. The CVMA is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.