Scouting Relationship Manager
Want to change the world? At Scouts Canada our Vision is “Canadian youth making a meaningful contribution to creating a better world.” We need passionate people who share our Mission to develop well rounded youth better prepared for success in the world. Are you someone who is energized by challenging assignments? The assignment: develop our volunteer community, champion safe and dynamic youth led program quality and enable Scouts to grow its membership in Canada.
Interested in joining a fun, flexible and fast paced opportunity in the non-profit sector? This could be the right opportunity for you if you are a self-starter committed to working alongside Volunteers (Scouters), and enjoy a challenging and fulfilling work environment! You might be the right person to take on the role of a Scouting Relationship Manager in Nova Scotia Council.
The Scouting Relationship Manager (SRM) is a trusted partner responsible for the successful execution of Scouts Canada’s strategic priorities. The SRM designs and manages business plans that delivers on our Mission to develop well rounded youth better prepared for success.
The SRM provides direct support to assigned “accounts” of segmented Areas and Groups, proactively facilitates the relationship within the Scouting network to ensure program quality, safety leadership, membership engagement and achieves excellent customer service to positively impact our mission through membership growth. Responsibilities include setting and managing expectations of parents and volunteers to enable safe, fun, youth led adventures based on plan-do-review.
- Strategically identifying and working locally to create membership growth while sustaining the existing membership base.
- Measuring, monitoring and analyzing data to provide trusted advice to Council, Areas and Groups
- Building relationships with volunteers with the appropriate support to create a collaborative working relationship
- Building organizational capacity through volunteer recruitment, support and engagement.
- Increasing visibility for Scouting in the community
- Collaboratively developing and implementing a plan for volunteer recruitment, support, and territory capacity building that will support delivery of consistent, high quality youth programs.
- Being a trusted advisor and a key resource for program knowledge, organizational policies, and the Volunteer Support Strategy.
- Through proactive communication, establish and maintain positive relationships with Council, Area, Group, and (as appropriate) Section leadership teams
What you bring to the table:
- Bachelor’s degree, post-secondary education in a related field or a combination of education and relevant work experience.
- Minimum 3+ years of experience working with volunteers and leading volunteer programs
- Knowledge of business planning and volunteer management approaches.
- A passion for Scouts Canada’s mission is essential
- You are a self-starter, quick learner and have the ability to prioritize and manage your time effectively and autonomously to achieve/surpass growth targets.
- You possess a shared leadership approach and ability to lead, coach and motivate a team to achieve goals.
- You are someone who thrives in a busy and challenging environment where every day is different.
- You possess strong interpersonal and networking skills to build relationships with community leaders, partnerships in Scouting and the ability to deal with a diverse range of people
- Outstanding written & oral communication and presentation skills
- Excellent planning, organizational and problem-solving skill
- Experience with adult learning is an asset
At Scouts Canada we collaborate across the country, therefore confidence with collaboration tools and technology is essential. Most of our team works from a home-based office environment and will spend time travelling to meet colleagues and volunteers. This work will require you to work irregular work hours, including evening and weekend responsibilities.
You will travel anywhere up to 10,000KM per year (travel mileage allowance will be provided), which will require you to have a valid Driver’s License and a clear driver’s abstract, as well as access to your own vehicle.
We’ve got you covered…
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes a fabulous merchandise discount; an employer-matched retirement plan after one year; extended health, prescription, vision and dental coverage, and more.
If this role excites you, we want to hear from you! Please take the time to tell us about yourself in a cover letter — we want to hear your story — your background, your accomplishments, and why this role is a good fit with your future career aspirations. We want to learn about you and your passions!
Scouts Canada thanks you for taking the time to consider this position. Please understand that only individuals chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Scouts Canada encourages applications from all qualified candidates and has a great record of accommodating persons with disabilities. Contact Human Resources at 613-224-5134 ex 252 if you need accommodation at any stage of the application process or want more information on our accommodation policies.
More search results
Associate Executive Director
Essentient Association Management
Publications and Project Coordinator (15 month co…
Ontario Trial Lawyers Association - 282624
DIRECTOR, BESROUR CENTRE
The Medfall Group
Member Services Coordinator
Food & Consumer Products of Canada
Executive Officer/Director Of Development
College and Association Of Registered Nurses Of Alberta