- ISAND (Integrated Services for Autism and Neurodevelopmental Disorders)
- Toronto, ON
- To be discussed
- Job Category
- Job Type
Established in 2013, Integrated Services for Autism and Neurodevelopmental Disorders (ISAND) is a registered non-profit organization that serves people with autism and other neurodevelopmental disorders.
ISAND’S unique approach to care involves an integrated team that provides developmental medical care, psychology, mental health and wellness, early intervention, speech-language therapy, occupational therapy, behavioural therapy, education consultation, diet and nutrition counselling, yoga and rhythmic movement therapy and social group therapy.
Working closely and reporting directly to the Board of Directors, the new Executive Director will build and lead a clinical and administrative team who are proud to be part of ISAND’s mission and who enjoy a respectful and integrated working environment. She/he will work collaboratively with a multidisciplinary team to ensure the strength, quality and effectiveness of the organization’s clinical services, programs and partnerships.
The Executive Director is responsible for the management of all aspects of the operation and clinical services. The ED leads the overall strategic direction of the organization and is accountable for human resources, finance, fund development, governance and community partnerships.
The next Executive Director of ISAND will lead an organization that aspires to grow its impact by helping individuals and their families who live with autism and other neurodevelopmental disorders. The new leader will continue to manage and develop new evidence-informed services and programs, while building upon the profile of ISAND with key stakeholders.
- A minimum of seven (7) years of experience in progressively senior leadership positions in the non-profit and/or healthcare sector
- A proven track record in organizational leadership managing a team of staff and volunteer leaders
- A well-rounded fundraiser with specific emphasis on grants, corporate development, sponsorship, major gifts and community / third-party events
- Experience managing services and programs and working closely with teams to build fundable programs
- Record of managing a budget and reporting on the results
- Has reported to a Board of Directors or a volunteer leadership committee
- Availability to attend evening meetings or other events as required
- Valid Class G driver’s license with reliable vehicle accessibility
- Demonstrated business and financial acumen
- Proven leadership and change management skills
- Knowledge/capacity in the area of fundraising
- Demonstrated skills in strategic thinking and strategic planning
- Strong written and oral communication skills with the ability to speak well in public forums
- Experience in advocacy
- Team player that can work with diverse groups
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships and network with key stakeholders
- Expert knowledge of the structure of government offices supporting child development and care
- Ability to attract, retain and inspire a multidisciplinary team of professionals
- Demonstrated passion for and knowledge of services for children and families such as child care, early child development, special needs
- Collaborative, engaging, inclusive and supportive leadership style
- Social sensitivity and emotional intelligence
- BA or higher in an area of study applicable to the role or a combination of education and experience in the field
This search is being conducted on behalf of ISAND by crawfordconnect, a search firm specializing in recruiting leaders and fundraisers for Canada’s non-profit sector. If someone you know may be interested in this position, please feel free to forward this document – we would be pleased to connect with them.
By March 19, 2019 please apply with both your cover letter and resume through our website at http://crawfordconnect.com/for-candidates/job-openings/dccjob/executive-director-59/.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their resume and letter of interest online, through our website, in confidence. We thank all applicants for applying, however, only qualified candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
More search results
Executive Director, BCDHA
British Columbia Dental Hygienists' Association
SafetyDriven - Trucking Safety Council of BC (TSCBC)
Program and Event Liaison/Coordinator (Bilingual)
Canadian Society of Association Executives
Manager, Communications and Member Services
Canadian Seed Trade Association
Registrar and Executive Director
BC Public Service