Director, Regulatory Affairs & Training
Reporting to the Vice-president, Regulatory Affairs and Safety, the Director, Regulatory Affairs & Training will develop and support the Canadian Propane Association strategic regulatory and stakeholder relations agenda.
This role is responsible for supporting members’ corporate compliance as they relate to the operations of the propane industry in Canada. The individual will support the CPA’s representation at all appropriate stakeholder meetings and maintain regular communications with members on regulatory issues.
The position also involves supporting and updating a comprehensive compliance training program in a continually evolving regulatory landscape. This includes developing and updating all propane courses that meet regulatory requirements of jurisdictions across Canada, as well as concomitant programs such as trainer procedures, audits and certificate issuance.
- Work collaboratively with the Vice-President of Regulatory Affairs and Safety (VP), regional directors and members to identify, understand and manage regulatory matters in alignment with strategic priorities.
- Provide strategic advice on regulatory issues and monitor the regulatory landscape to anticipate and handle emerging issues that may either present an opportunity or a risk for CPA members.
- Represent the CPA and develop strong relationships with members, stakeholders (internal and external), governmental bodies and Authorities Having Jurisdiction.
- Proactively advance regulatory or other appropriate reforms to ensure that CPA members’ operational needs benefit from a favorable and harmonized regulatory environment.
- Prepare and write position papers in close co-operation with VP and members.
- Collaborate with team members to prepare correspondence, presentations and formal submissions as well as regulatory content for CPA’s regional meetings.
- Support the VP in managing the CPA Committees.
- Assist in providing content for the Regulatory Affairs newsletter and other CPA communication material.
- Is responsible for writing, editing, updating and the organization of high-quality documentation that contributes to the overall success of training workbooks and collateral materials for the CPA’s Propane Training Institute.
- Provide support to the Regional Directors’ team for activities related to course recognition with Authorities Having Jurisdiction.
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPENTENCIES:
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant discipline (e.g., law, engineering, technical writing, transportation)
- Minimum 5 to 7 years of experience in legislative / regulatory affairs, Codes and Standards, etc.
- Excellent research and communications skills (verbal and written) are essential
- Energetic, able to work with minimal supervision and results oriented
- Self-starter and able to navigate through Canadian codes and standards, provincial regulations and training competency standards
- Petroleum and propane industry experience is an asset
- Strong cross-group collaboration skills and ability to drive coordination across all levels and stakeholders
- Proven project management skills; ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Analytical and problem-solving capacity
- Great attention to detail and accuracy in all deliverables
- Regular travel required within Canada
- Fluency in English is required
- French is an asset
This position can be based in the CPA Ottawa or Calgary office. The CPA offers a comprehensive benefits package and a dynamic working environment. If interested, please submit your resume by March 22, 2019.
More search results
Executive Director/Directeur général/Directrice g…
Boyden global executive search - 334094
Manager, Business Development, Green Key Global
Hotel Association of Canada - 346880
Manager, Corporate Partnerships (2-Year Contract)
Ontario Association of Certified Engineering Technicians and Technologists
AQDFL (Association québécoise de la distribution de fruits et légumes) / QPMA
Chief Executive Officer
Automotive Retailers Association