Manager, Communications and Member Services
Manager, Communications and Member Services
The Canadian Seed Trade Association (CSTA) seeks a Manager, Communications and Member Services. This is a full-time position based out of downtown Ottawa, Ontario.
CSTA is seeking a passionate communications professional to lead the association’s communications and member services files while working in a dynamic and fast-paced environment. The ideal candidate is an effective communicator that thinks strategically and able to multi-task and meet deadlines while remaining calm under pressure. The candidate is well organized, resourceful and a creative problem solver that is collaborative.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Manager, Communications and Member Services is responsible for leading CSTA’s internal and external communications to build on the association’s strong reputation as a trusted partner in the agriculture value chain.
The Manager will also ensure value for membership by overseeing the effective delivery of member services and strengthening member engagement and plays a critical leadership role at CSTA’s Annual General and Semi-Annual Meetings.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead external communication with members, value chain partners and the general public
- Manage CSTA’s website, social media and electronic information distribution activities, including a weekly e-newsletter
- Oversee internal communications efforts and strategies
- Maintain the CSTA brand and develop complimentary material
- Media monitoring of key files and liaise with agricultural and political media contacts
- Oversee and assess the efficacy of current member services
- Develop, initiate and implement activities to increase member awareness and engagement
- Conduct member surveys and oversee member management software
- Visit member companies when appropriate
- Lead board appointed Stakeholder Relations Working Group
- Participate in Board of Directors meetings in an advisory role
External Representation and Value Chain Engagement:
- Build strong working relationships with value chain partners and seek out alliances that further CSTA’s strategic objectives
- Lead CSTA’s involvement with external organizations related to communications, public trust/social license and promoting diversity
- Post-secondary degree with an emphasis in communications, journalism, marketing, public relations or a related field
- Three to seven years in a similar role
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including public speaking and proofreading
- Deep understanding of social media and communications strategies
- Experience in graphic design and content creation
- Demonstrated ability to lead committees/working groups
- Diligent, motivated, thoughtful, reliable and consistent
- Capacity to work in a self-directed manner and demonstrated ability to work collaboratively within a team setting
- Ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally
- Ability and willingness to work outside of normal business hours
- Ability to be registered as a lobbyist federally
- Ability to work in English and French is preferred
- Experience managing budgets
- Experience working with/for member-based trade associations
- Experience with with/for a Board of Directors
- Knowledge of agriculture, politics, science and international trade
Location: Downtown Ottawa (mandatory)
Status: Full Time
Office Hours: Regular business hours, Monday through Friday. Some irregular hours required related to travel and annual meetings. Flexible working conditions for the right candidate
Travel: Some travel is required
Compensation: CSTA offers a competitive compensation and benefits package as well as professional development opportunities
Founded in 1923, CSTA represents more than 130 companies and associations engaged in all aspects of seed, from research and development to plant breeding, production and marketing, licensing and domestic and international sales. Members range from small family owned companies to large multinational firms engaged in over 50 different crop kinds. The Canadian seed industry is a $6 billion a year industry, employing 60,000 Canadians with exports of more than $600 million annually.
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com no later than close of business on Friday April 5, 2019.
Only applications that contain a resume and cover letter will be reviewed.
More search results
Associate Executive Director
Essentient Association Management
Publications and Project Coordinator (15 month co…
Ontario Trial Lawyers Association - 282624
DIRECTOR, BESROUR CENTRE
The Medfall Group
Member Services Coordinator
Food & Consumer Products of Canada
Executive Officer/Director Of Development
College and Association Of Registered Nurses Of Alberta