Program and Event Liaison/Coordinator (Bilingual)
- Canadian Society of Association Executives
- Toronto, ON
- Job Category
- Admin/Clerical/Customer Service
- Job Type
Program and Event Liaison/Coordinator (Bilingual)
Canadian Society of Association Executives, Toronto
When doctors, engineers, real estate brokers, or physiotherapists need help, they turn to their professional associations for the expertise and resources they need to solve their challenges. But who do those associations turn to when they need a hand?
Established in 1951, CSAE serves as the highest-level resource for Canadian professional associations, providing education, strategies, and leadership for the ongoing challenges facing professional and trade groups. If you can name a profession or an industry, odds are, there is an association for it.
Whether we’re helping an organization improve membership engagement and governance, or providing networking opportunities and practical tools, organizations turn to CSAE when they’re looking for ways to improve their practices.
A big part of our mandate involves organizing events and disseminating resources. Now we’re looking to fill a new role with someone who will elevate our regional events and make a positive impression on our partners, members and stakeholders.
That’s where you come in
As our new Program and Event Liaison/Coordinator (Bilingual), your main goal is to increase the success of our local networks. To accomplish this, you’ll be splitting your time between two major functions.
First, a good portion of your time will be spent coordinating, administering and marketing CSAE’s programs and services to various professional organizations. Using your exceptional experience in relationships management, you’ll make great connections with our membership—both new and old—and keep them up to date with everything we have to offer.
In terms of relationships management, this role coordinates, administers, and markets CSAE’s programs and services for CSAE Atlantic, Manitoba, and Quebec. You’ll also spend time liaising with our other four networks across the country: Alberta, BC, Ottawa/Gatineau and Trillium, acting as a main point of contact. You’ll support by coordinating council meetings, taking minutes, following up and so much more.
The second thing you’ll be doing is event planning and coordination. There is a whole lot of work that goes into planning our regional events, and you’ll be a key resource for everyone involved: volunteers, members, vendors, venues, and management. Sometimes you’ll be on the phone setting dates and negotiating contracts. Other times you’ll be working out budgets and drafting materials. But no matter what you’re working on, you’ll need strong organizational and communication skills.
When you’re not engaged in the day to day, you’ll be working on improving processes and finding ways to make your work, and our delivery, easier. This is where you’ll have plenty of autonomy, and the ability to make a big impact on the future of our organization.
Here are some of the things you’ll be working on:
- Plans, administers and implements multiple events and projects for CSAE Atlantic, Manitoba and Quebec including but not exclusive to: securing subject matter experts, logistics (contract negotiations with venue, A/V, speakers, room setup, etc.), registration, marketing and promotion, and onsite representation
- Establish and maintain relationships with volunteer councils, members, business partners and others in the designated networks
- Coordinate council meetings, take minutes and focus discussion on key agenda items
- Manage and provide organizational support to the volunteer councils of CSAE Atlantic, Manitoba and Quebec
- Develop, maintain and monitor an events calendar for all CSAE events
- Assist in costing/budgeting for events
- Work on marketing materials to retain/promote initiatives to membership
- Maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders and sponsorship partners
- Participate in CSAE’s yearly annual operation plan in conjunction with network councils
This role will be equal parts communication and administration, in both French and English, so it is essential that you have an exceptional ability to be both clear and organized.
Working with CSAE
This is a full-time, permanent position, with hours from 9am to 5pm with some flexibility on evenings and/or weekends. We offer a starting salary between $47,000 and $57,000 per year, depending on your experience. We also offer a comprehensive benefits package and paid vacation.
You’ll find our office right in the heart of downtown Toronto, which means you’ll be close to everything the city has to offer. It also means getting to work will be easy no matter where you’re coming from.
You’ll love working here because our work culture brings everyone together. You’ll see that in action on thirsty Thursdays, when we unwind together at the office. It’s just one of the ways we bring our team together.
We’re looking for someone to start right away, so if you’re looking for a professional environment where no two days are the same, apply today!
- Full fluency in French and English, and ability to communicate complex/intricate ideas clearly, quickly and seamlessly in both languages
- Post-secondary degree, preferably in business, marketing, administration or similar
- 2+ years’ experience in event planning
- Experience in internal marketing/promotion would be an asset
- Strong computer skills, and proficiency with relevant software (Excel, Word, Outlook, calendar software etc.)
- Experience developing and maintaining budgets
- Experience with a professional association that works with a broad membership would be an asset
- Experience managing volunteers
How to Apply
Our online application will give you the option to apply to this role as a complete person – not just a resume. The application will assess your qualifications, personality traits and workplace preferences, and should take 10 to 15 minutes to complete. After submitting, you'll receive an email inviting you to log in and view your assessment results.
We strive to build a team that reflects the diversity of the community we work in, and encourage applications from traditionally underrepresented groups such as women, visible minorities, Indigenous peoples, people identifying as LGBTQ2SI, veterans, and people with disabilities. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us using the “Help” button.
We will review applications, with priority given to those who have completed the assessment, and look forward to hearing from you.
Apply Link: https://www.fitzii.com/apply/38701
More search results
Executive Director/Directeur général/Directrice g…
Boyden global executive search - 334094
Manager, Business Development, Green Key Global
Hotel Association of Canada - 346880
Manager, Corporate Partnerships (2-Year Contract)
Ontario Association of Certified Engineering Technicians and Technologists
AQDFL (Association québécoise de la distribution de fruits et légumes) / QPMA
Chief Executive Officer
Automotive Retailers Association