Reporting to the President and CEO of CICC, the VP, Government & Stakeholder Relations will develop and support a strategic government and stakeholder relations program that advances the Convenience Industry Council of Canada’s objectives and reputation. The person will be responsible for overseeing coordinated regional advocacy efforts in the provinces, with assistance from consultants and/or staff on the ground in each region. The person will also provide analysis and strategic advice, planning and coordinating activities at a federal level.
The person will be responsible for fostering mutually beneficial working relationships with members and stakeholders and supporting CICC in their dealings with government and other partners so that interactions across all levels of government are strategic, coordinated and consistent.
Key to this role is the ability to represent the Convenience Industry Council of Canada in various capacities thereby enabling the industry to advocate our interests effectively and thoughtfully.
- Works closely with the President & CEO and regional advocacy agencies to identify, understand and manage government related issues, in alignment with strategic priorities
- Monitors and conducts research on relevant public policy, legislative, regulatory and political issues
- Plans and/or coordinates meetings/briefings with members and key stakeholders, including logistical details for meetings, pre- and post-meeting strategy sessions, debriefs with participating executives and drafts summaries for internal use.
- Drafts, and coordinates the approval of, correspondence, presentations and formal policy submissions to federal and provincial government
- Works with the President & CEO to provide leadership and support to the newly formed Government Relations Committee as well as the Board
- Develops and strengthens relationships with key decision makers and influencers in and outside of government
- Takes on special projects, such as research projects, as requested
- Monitors publications and communications from government, organizations, researchers and the media
- Works closely with the President & CEO on a key national program, Convenience and Community Day. This is a day where politicians and community leaders are invited into stores across the country and funds are raised for the Children’s Wish Foundation.
- Bachelor’s or University degree Public Affairs, Political Science or in related field
- Minimum of 10 years Government Relations experience
- Knowledge of the convenience industry and/or association management is an asset
- Excellent writing and public speaking skills
- Ability to work independently
- Proven track-record in provincial and federal government and/or a corporate government relations environment
- Experience presenting complex issues and opportunities to high-level officials and third-party partners
- This is a home-based contract position
- The person will be responsible for maintaining their own work space
- The person will preferably be from the Toronto area
- Ability to speak French is considered an asset
- Travel within Canada is required
More search results
Associate Executive Director
Essentient Association Management
Publications and Project Coordinator (15 month co…
Ontario Trial Lawyers Association - 282624
DIRECTOR, BESROUR CENTRE
The Medfall Group
Member Services Coordinator
Food & Consumer Products of Canada
Executive Officer/Director Of Development
College and Association Of Registered Nurses Of Alberta