Executive Officer/Director Of Development
Our Mission: The Alberta Registered Nurses Educational Trust is a charity dedicated to fostering the health of Albertans by raising, managing and distributing funds in support of lifelong learning by Alberta’s Registered Nurses.
The Alberta Registered Nurses Educational Trust (ARNET) supports the advanced and continuing education activities of over 38,000 registered nurse and nurse practitioner members of the College and Association of Registered Nurses of Alberta (CARNA). For more information visit: www.arnet.ca
EXECUTIVE OFFICER/DIRECTOR OF DEVELOPMENT * Title under review
If you are a dynamic, engaging, compassionate, roll your sleeves up, true team player type of individual, this is the position for you! In this role you will provide leadership and operational direction of ARNET’s daily activities, vision and strategic priorities, goals and objectives identified in collaboration with the charity’s volunteer board of directors. You will ensure effective management of all financial, fundraising, program and administrative aspects of the charity.
- Set the framework for operational program delivery, fund development and communication plans
- Translate the strategic plan into operation with a small and mighty team
- Develop and implement the overall fundraising strategy using leading edge philanthropic practices, fundraising trends and multi-faceted techniques
- Actively lead the cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of major donor relationships including working with foundations, endowments and individuals
- Forge partnerships with CARNA, nursing professions, government and other stakeholders to accomplish greater outcomes
- Serve as an ambassador and advocate on behalf of ARNET by seeking opportunities to speak publicly, to educate and champion ARNETS’s vision
- Deepen and refine all aspects of communication, from web presence to external relations with the goal of creating a stronger brand presence
- Plan, develop, manage and present the annual organizational budget and provide regular financial reports to the board
- Support the board of directors and its committees by serving as an ex-officio member by engaging directors in strategic planning and donor development activities
- Post-Secondary education in non-profit management, business, education or health administration
- Minimum 8-10 years of progressive executive/ senior management responsibility and experience in non-profit, charity or public sector organization
- Effective program development and administration, fund development and donor relations experience
- Demonstrated experience executing ideas into operation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to inspire confidence and trust, fostering a culture where people are valued, respected and encouraged to learn, innovate and excel
- Demonstrated ability to lead with respect, compassion and integrity
- Demonstrated ability to work under tight deadlines
- Efficient in the operation of Microsoft office suite and ability to work with various database systems
We offer an excellent compensation package, regularly celebrate accomplishments and milestones, and host team events. If you believe this position is for you, we invite you to submit a resume via email quoting file #ARN-1000 to email@example.com by April 26, 2019.
Thank you for your interest!