The Alberta Mortgage Brokers Association (AMBA) is the collective voice of the mortgage brokerage industry in Alberta. AMBA develops a standard of excellence for its members through advocacy, education, information and networking. AMBA promotes an ethical and sustainable mortgage industry for consumers and industry members.
Founded in 1975, AMBA is an independent, not-for-profit organization dedicated to highly ethical business principles and to advancing the industry’s high-level of integrity and professionalism.
Between 2015 and 2018, AMBA changed its membership structure, increased membership year-over-year, increased its advocacy efforts on behalf of the industry and established a strong relationship with the Mortgage Professionals of Canada (MPC) association.
With the pending departure of the current General Manager, the Board of Directors is looking for the next leader who will continue to lead the organization into the future.
The General Manager reports directly to the President of the Board, and is accountable to the Board of Directors. Together, the Board and General Manager assure AMBA’s relevance to the mortgage broker industry in Alberta, the accomplishment of its mission and vision, and providing member value.
Responsible for the overall management of the association, the General Manager leads the overall strategic direction and is accountable for human resources, financial oversight, advocacy, stakeholder relations, governance, sponsorship and AMBA’s membership program.
As a spokesperson for the organization, the General Manager must be able to professionally and articulately express AMBA’s messaging among key stakeholders.
Experience, Skills and Attributes
- A minimum of seven (7) years’ experience in progressively senior leadership positions in the not-for-profit or association sector
- Strong financial acumen – demonstrated success in managing a budget of approximately $650,000.
- Has reported to a Board of Directors or a volunteer leadership committee
- A proven track record in organizational leadership managing a team of staff, contractors and volunteer leaders; excellent management and self-management skills
- Ability to negotiate, facilitate decision-making and influence others, including the team, Board, members, sponsors and key stakeholders
- Forward thinker who can manage day-to-day operations while identifying opportunities, developing strategies and plans
- Exceptional stakeholder and member relationships skills as well as solid planning, execution and general business acumen are required
- Strong written and oral communication skills with the ability to speak well in public forums
- Knowledge of and/or experience with the mortgage broker industry
- A university degree is preferred in a relevant discipline that reflects the services of the association
- Comparable skills, experience and education will be considered
By May 31, 2019 please apply with both your cover letter and resume through email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their resume and letter of interest separately, via email, in confidence. We thank all applicants for applying, however, only qualified candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.