Membership Development Manager
The Canadian Institute of Mining, Metallurgy and Petroleum (CIM) is the leading not-for-profit technical society of professionals in the Canadian minerals, metals, materials and energy industries.
CIM is seeking a Membership Development Manager to join the National Office team. The ideal candidate will possess a strong attention to detail, excellent communication and interpersonal skills and proven experience in implementing membership engagement strategies and value propositions.
The Membership Development Manager will assist the Director of Membership in the development and implementation of a membership value proposition and a membership growth plan.
- Working with the Director of Membership to develop a new membership value proposition and membership growth plan
- Implement member recruitment, retention and engagement activities
- Collaborating with the Communication and Marketing Officers on membership marketing campaigns
- Representing CIM at conferences, trade shows, and various meetings
- Develop member engagement surveys
- Supervise Membership team
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Membership
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent
- Minimum 2 years’ work experience in related field
- Demonstrated success in creating or participating in membership development planning
- Experience and knowledge of MS Office including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Ability to work independently and efficiently and have ability to manage multiple tasks concurrently
- Excellent relationship management and problem solving skills
- Strong interpersonal, supervisory and networking skills
- Exceptional administrative, organizational and project management skills
- Quick study in order to understand and address complex issues in multi-stakeholder environment
- Ability to think creatively
- Bilingual English/French