- Canadian Society of Association Executives
- Downtown Toronto, ON
- Job Category
- Admin/Clerical/Customer Service
- Job Type
When doctors, engineers, real estate brokers, or physiotherapists need help, they turn to their professional associations for the expertise and resources they need to solve their challenges. But who do those associations turn to when they need a hand?
Incorporated in 1962, the Canadian Society of Association Executives (CSAE) is Canada’s only member-based not-for-profit organization committed to delivering the knowledge, resources and environment to advance association excellence. CSAE, also known as an “association of associations,” offers robust networking and learning opportunities, including an education program leading to the Certified Association Executive (CAE®) designation. With a current membership of approximately 3,000, CSAE operates through its central office in Toronto and seven regional networks from coast to coast.
The future of associations in Canada is evolving, and CSAE is leading the way.
Now, we need your help to do that.
We are looking for a highly motivated, client focused professional with exceptional organizational skills and a genuine passion for people. That individual who wants to deliver best in class programs and services to association professionals.
If you’re looking for a position that offers the freedom and autonomy to drive lasting change in a national organization, and for thousands of associations across Canada, your search ends here.
About the Position:
As our new Membership Coordinator, you will be in many cases the first voice and/or face that our members interact with. As a strong people person, you are able to help our members find solutions to the issues they face. In addition, you are a natural organizer and can juggle many priorities while being extremely organized. As a member driven organization, our members come first, and we are looking for someone who reflects our values, is adaptable, open to change and a true collaborator and team player.
CSAE is in a period of evolution. We are updating our current technology to serve our members better and set new benchmarks for member retention, recruitment and engagement. You’ll take a progressive, forward-thinking approach, and play a critical role in helping lead the way.
We’re looking for someone ready to bring a fresh perspective to an established organization. Someone who is keen be part of a progressive team and help to evaluate our current systems and practices and make recommendations for improving efficiencies where appropriate.
Day to day here’s what you’ll be doing:
- Member outreach and engagement through telephone calls, emails and other channels
- Execute on the 2019-2020 membership recruitment, retention and engagement plan
- Find new creative ways to further engage our members
- Processing prospect profiles and engaging them to become members
- Process new membership applications and ensure all information is accurate and first touchpoint is positive
- Coordinate dues billing, prepare regular renewal notices/e-mails, distribute them on a timely basis and follow up regarding collections
- Process renewal payments
- Engage with prospective members through a variety of mediums
- Monitor, maintain accurate records and keep up to date membership collateral
- Respond to and triage e-mails/calls from members and prospective members through email and telephone and other channels
- Ensure member requests (phone; e-mail) are completed accurately and on time
- Review and update communications material for membership recruitment and retention as needed.
Database related activities
- Assist in the coordination of mailings, e-blasts for CSAE membership marketing campaigns
- Keep database updated with current member info (for example email bounce backs)
- Update member and prospect records as needed
- Contact members to obtain updates/changes to their records
- Assist in database maintenance
- Activate membership transfers and update database
- Prepare lists as requested by other departments
- Prepare lists for external users
Duties Connected with Member Recruitment
- Manage and develop personal contacts to grow the CSAE membership
- Follow up on leads, requests for information, etc. made by direct contact with prospects on a timely manner
- Research needs of specific prospects and match member services and benefits
CSAE is building for the future, and we want you to be a part of it.
Working with CSAE
This is a full-time, permanent position, offering a competitive compensation and benefits package depending on experience and 2 weeks’ vacation to start (plus the week off between Christmas and New Year’s).
Our core office hours are 9am to 5pm, although you’ll enjoy a flexible work environment.
You’ll find our office right in the heart of downtown Toronto, which means you’ll be close to everything the city has to offer. It also means getting to work will be easy no matter where you’re coming from. There is limited travel involved throughout the year for annual conferences.
As part of our talented and hardworking team, you’ll enjoy a fresh, fun dynamic working with a close-knit team of 14. Our work culture brings everyone together, with a large degree of collaboration and teamwork, and a commitment to excellence that inspires everything we do.
- Customer focused individual that enjoys engaging with people
- Experience with membership or customer databases
- Strong written and verbal communication in formal and informal settings
- Bilingualism (English/French) is an asset
- Proficient PC skills, primarily in Microsoft Office: Excel, Word, Outlook
- Willingness to learn and adapt to a progressive environment
How to Apply
Please email resume to Edward Byers, Director of Membership & Business Development email@example.com
We strive to build diverse teams that reflect the community, and encourage applications from underrepresented groups such as women, visible minorities, Indigenous peoples, people identifying as LGBTQ2SI, veterans, and people with disabilities. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us.
More search results
Executive Director/Directeur général/Directrice g…
Boyden global executive search - 334094
Manager, Business Development, Green Key Global
Hotel Association of Canada - 346880
Manager, Corporate Partnerships (2-Year Contract)
Ontario Association of Certified Engineering Technicians and Technologists
AQDFL (Association québécoise de la distribution de fruits et légumes) / QPMA
Chief Executive Officer
Automotive Retailers Association