Manager of Communications & Marketing
The Manager of Communications & Marketing is responsible for achieving operational objectives for the marketing & communications related to OWMA’s events, sponsorship sales, membership outreach, social media communications and digital newsletter. Key responsibility for creating content for electronic, print and web-based publications, while driving revenue generation and membership engagement.
This is a full-time, permanent position. Located in our Brampton office, with occasional travel within Ontario. Reports to the Director of Finance & Member Services.
Develop an annual marketing plan, including the budget, to support marketing initiatives and activities aligned to OWMA’s vision. Direct and implement initiatives related to OWMA’s marketing, digital, and communication programs with a focus on revenue generation and membership value.
The role of the Manager of Marketing and Communications is to support implementation of the external and internal communications plan of OWMA with the purpose of increasing the profile and understanding of the Association among its target audiences. This is a full-time, multi-disciplinary role, within a small, collaboration-oriented staff team.
This role is responsible for managing communications on multiple platforms and contributing to OWMA’s success in serving as the voice of Ontario’s waste management sector with members, key stakeholders, the provincial government, and the community.
- Develop and implement a strategic and tactical marketing and communications multi-year plan that reflects and achieves operational objectives and the strategic vision.
- Leverage partnerships with OWMA members and stakeholders to market sponsorship opportunities and registration sales at OWMA events and conferences.
- Write promotional copy for association events, activities and programs.
- Issue media releases as required and facilitate any interview opportunities.
- Responsibility for the design, creation, editing, production management (in collaboration with staff, contributors, members and stakeholders) of communications products, including OWMA’s member newsletter, Sourcebook, website, research publications and association event marketing materials.
- Create and manage the content of new apps for events and programs.
- Manage, prepare and ensure quality control of all OWMA promotional material as required, such as conference programs, signage, and other materials for events, annual reports, membership recruitment and retention efforts.
- Create content and manage social media platforms (Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook and Instagram)
- Ensure innovative, current and forward-looking www.owma.org and www.cw2rc.ca websites.
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative research and analysis in order to identify and leverage opportunities to broaden and strengthen OWMA’s communications products, and overall brand.
- Establish and maintain a network of regional and national media contacts and provincial government contacts.
- Other such duties and tasks as required by the CEO.
- The individual also must have a solid understanding of concepts and principles relative to the promotion and marketing of events and demonstrated skills in creative writing and promotion.
- A demonstrated ability to develop marketing plans and manage print and electronic media.
- Minimum of three years in an industry or professional association or related environment
- Experience working with member-volunteers and venue suppliers on a regular basis is an asset
- Experience in working with 3rd party service providers, media and event venues.
- Some experience in photography and videography would be an asset
- Budget/project management
- Organizational Communications
- Public and Media Relations
- Superior written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Team player who establishes positive working relationships
ABOUT THE ONTARIO WASTE MANAGEMENT ASSOCIATION (OWMA)
The OWMA is the province’s largest, most effective environmental services association representing the waste management and recycling sector. Its membership includes more than 250 companies and organizations in the private and public sectors, which manage 85% of Ontario’s waste.
The association works with its members to develop detailed research and provide expert advice with the objective of increasing recycling and resource recovery, addressing climate change, expanding disposal capacity, and fostering investment and innovation in the waste management sector. The OWMA also provides opportunities for members to network together while supporting their professional development and career growth with educational events and webinars.
More search results
Executive Director/Directeur général/Directrice g…
Boyden global executive search - 334094
Manager, Business Development, Green Key Global
Hotel Association of Canada - 346880
Manager, Corporate Partnerships (2-Year Contract)
Ontario Association of Certified Engineering Technicians and Technologists
AQDFL (Association québécoise de la distribution de fruits et légumes) / QPMA
Chief Executive Officer
Automotive Retailers Association