Manager, Finance and Office Administration
- College of Optometrists of Ontario
- Toronto, ON
- Job Category
- Accounting and Finance
- Job Type
The College of Optometrists of Ontario is seeking an energetic, hands-on team player to manage the College’s financial affairs and office administration operations. As the Manager, Finance and Office Administration, you will be responsible and accountable for managing the College’s financial affairs including the accounting function (AP, AR, general ledger, journal entries, reconciliations, bank deposits, petty cash); financial reporting; financial procedures, processes, systems; government submissions; annual audit; as well as act as the key contact for accounting inquiries. You will also provide staff support to the Audit Finance and Risk Committee for any audit and finance functions.
Reporting to the Registrar, you will provide support regarding the administration budget; act as resource to Executive/Council members, College committees and staff; and provide expertise and input on financial matters as requested. You will be an important member of the senior management team and play a role in ensuring the strategic goals particularly relevant to your assigned areas of responsibility are achieved.
Additionally, you will manage the office administration operations including records management, HR administration, responding to inquiries from public members and employees, and procuring office equipment and kitchen supplies.
- College Diploma or Undergraduate Degree in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration, and actively pursuing a recognized accounting designation (CPA) is an asset.
- Proven experience (i.e. 5 years) in finance including hands-on responsibility for an accounting function (AP, AR, general ledger, reconciliations); and relevant office administration experience including responsibility for office systems, confidential records/files and procurement of supplies and equipment.
- Experience in a not-for-profit and health-related professional and/or regulatory work environment is an asset.
- Demonstrated advanced working knowledge with computerized accounting systems, database systems, QuickBooks and MS Office including Excel, Word, Outlook and mail merge.
- Excellent organizational skills with ability to manage varied tasks simultaneously.
- Analytical, detail and deadline oriented with strong problem-solving and resolution abilities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Strong interpersonal skills, and ability to work independently an as well as collaboratively in a small professional work environment.
- Ability to gather, analyze and interpret financial data to make strategic business recommendations.
How to Apply: If you are a qualified candidate interested in this opportunity located in midtown Toronto, please forward via email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, June 17, 2019.
Please note that applications will be assessed on a rolling basis. If you have any questions about the position, please call Luciana Da Silva at 416-237-1500 x. 266 or email Luciana.DaSilva@hrassociates.ca.
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
More search results
Executive Director/Directeur général/Directrice g…
Boyden global executive search - 334094
Manager, Business Development, Green Key Global
Hotel Association of Canada - 346880
Manager, Corporate Partnerships (2-Year Contract)
Ontario Association of Certified Engineering Technicians and Technologists
AQDFL (Association québécoise de la distribution de fruits et légumes) / QPMA
Chief Executive Officer
Automotive Retailers Association