Chief Executive Officer
- Real Estate Institute of Canada
- Toronto, ON
- To be discussed
- Job Category
- Job Type
Position: Chief Executive Officer
Location: Toronto, ON
Since 1955, the Real Estate Institute of Canada (REIC) has been educating and certifying real estate specialists, dedicated to advancing education and professionalism in the real estate industry across Canada. Its courses and designation programs shape the future of real estate by enhancing the skills of talented professionals and business leaders. A non-profit organization, REIC is committed to the highest professional and ethical standards.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) works closely with the Board, taking direction while providing exemplary corporate management and operational services to the national staff, chapters, members and partner organizations. The candidate will demonstrate strong relevant experience in directing, managing and planning a successful not-for-profit organization with multiple membership stakeholder professions. The candidate will also be very familiar with, and responsible for, all budgets, financial statements, performance and risk analysis, strategic plans operational plans and governance adherence requirements.
The CEO is responsible for executive and operational leadership of the association in keeping with its stated mission, strategic plan, statutory/legislated requirements, policies and procedures, in consideration of its resources (finance, human resources, physical assets and technology). The CEO is the steward of the association’s mission, values, and resources.
- Responsible for all management decisions regarding day-to-day operations. Leads, inspires and manages a strong, cohesive senior management team and ensure a talented, engaged and productive staff complement
- Responsible for leading, with the Board of Directors, the strategic planning process; then developing and implementing the approved operations plan
- Understanding and promoting strategies to attain REIC’s vision, mission, goals, values and industry relevance
- Responsible for the development, implementation and compliance with human resources policies in keeping with relevant legislative requirements
- Monitor the needs of the industry and members in order to identify emerging high priority issues and communicate these to the Board of Directors
- Monitor developments in related real estate industry organizations such as the Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA), Provincial Real Estate Boards (e.g. Ontario Real Estate Associations (OREA)) and Regulators (e.g. Real Estate Council of Ontario (RECO)) and communicate relevant information to the Board of Directors
- Perform such duties as contemplated in the REIC bylaws and policy regarding the work of Professional Standards and Ethics panels, discipline hearing panels, investigations and such other provisions
- Fulfill such requirements as are contained in the REIC bylaws
- Five years minimum senior level leadership experience in a comparable not-for-profit organization
- Familiarity and fluency with organized real estate sectors
- Ability to develop, strategize and implement directional goals
- Ability to prepare and adjust budgets and forecasts
- Ability to review, follow and understand bylaws and policies
- Strong presentation skills to all stakeholders and ability to adjust style for the audience or stakeholders
- Familiar with hiring practices, human rights, payroll and benefits
- Must be high energy, resourceful, passionate and personable
- Ability to problem solve, delegate and communicate well
- Excellent relationship building and time management skills
- Must have the highest level of integrity, respect and ethics
- French as a second language is an asset
- CAE designation preferred
- University degree in management preferred
This search is being conducted on behalf of Real Estate Institute of Canada by crawfordconnect, a search firm specializing in recruiting leaders and fundraisers for Canada’s non-profit sector. If someone you know may be interested in this position, please feel free to forward this document – we would be pleased to connect with them.
By July 8, 2019 please apply with your cover letter and resume, as two separate documents, through our website at http://crawfordconnect.com/for-candidates/job-openings/dccjob/68/.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their resume and letter of interest online, through our website, in confidence. We thank all applicants for applying, however, only qualified candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
More search results
Executive Director/Directeur général/Directrice g…
Boyden global executive search - 334094
Manager, Business Development, Green Key Global
Hotel Association of Canada - 346880
AQDFL (Association québécoise de la distribution de fruits et légumes) / QPMA
Adminstrative Assistant with Accounting Support
Thrift Store Sales Clerk
The Salvation Army B.C. - Sechelt