- Alberta College of Family Physicians (ACFP)
- Edmonton, Alberta
- Job Category
- Admin/Clerical/Customer Service
- Job Type
Representing over 5000 members, including students, residents, and family physicians, the Alberta College of Family Physicians (ACFP) exists to support family physicians in Alberta through continuing professional development, advocacy, leadership, and research.
No matter what stage they are at in their career, our members rely on our programs and services to provide them with ongoing learning opportunities, so they can provide the highest quality patient care to their communities.
Currently we are in search of a multi-tasking, self-starting, detail-oriented individual to join us as our new Member Program & Event Coordinator. If you’re the type of person who loves to turn ideas into reality, and who is interested in joining a passionate team dedicated to advancing excellence in health care for families across Alberta, this could be your next role.
What You’ll Be Doing:
In this role, your primary function will be to support, plan, implement, and deliver new and existing member programs and services, centered primarily around continuing professional development.
Working with a variety of internal teams and portfolios, your support will be critical in ensuring that members are informed, engaged, and consistently getting value from our programs and services.
Many of the programs we deliver are event-based, and so a significant part of your role will revolve around event planning and coordinating, including our annual conference, our most important yearly function. Your willingness to jump right in, dig into the details, and help us execute this event smoothly will be a cornerstone of your success within your first year with us.
Practically speaking, your role will involve:
- Delivering and executing programs and projects under the authority of the Executive Director
- Identifying gaps in existing programming, and leading the creation of new programs/events from initial idea to implementation
- Supporting our team, and liaising with operational committees and/or other external partners, to deliver continuing professional development (CPD) programs, member communications, and member engagement
- Developing budgets for CPD events or programs
- Providing support on policy development and program issues
- Creating and supporting the development of communications for programs
- Using social media, event planning, and event marketing applications/platforms to engage and communicate with members, and market programs and events
- Developing background information and updates for ACFP’s Board and Executive meetings
- Helping to secure funds through grant programs or other supports
This is a great opportunity for you to partake in rewarding work, while simultaneously developing your core strengths in project and program management, event planning, and communications. You’ll enjoy the opportunity to work in an organization making a meaningful contribution to the health of families and communities in Alberta.
Working at the Alberta College of Family Physicians:
This is a full-time permanent position, with a target start date of September 2019. You’ll work Monday to Friday, from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm, with some flexibility available. You’ll earn a competitive salary, commensurate with experience, between $50,000-$55,000/year. You’ll also have health benefits, 3.5% RSP matching, and 3 weeks’ vacation to start.
Working with AFCP, you’ll enjoy a fast-paced and collegial work environment, with a small, close-knit team. We have a warm culture with a strong family feel. We empower our staff to try different things, and to enjoy flexibility in their roles by taking on projects and tasks they’ve never had a chance to do before. There is ample opportunity here to grow, as long as you’re willing to roll up your sleeves!
Here’s what we need:
- Experience with planning, coordinating, and managing events and/or conferences (small, medium, and large)
- Experience in a program coordination/management and/or project management role
- Demonstrated experience managing multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite programs
- Experience using social media applications, event management software (e.g. Cvent), email marketing platform (e.g. Constant Contact), and website content management system (e.g. WordPress), for event/program planning and communications
And here’s what would be a plus:
- Experience in a not-for-profit environment, or membership-based organization
- Experience working in a health care environment
- Experience working with boards and committees in a not-for-profit organization
- Experience with any online learning technologies/platforms
- Post-secondary education, preferably in any of the following: event management, education, communications, project management, marketing, business administration
How to Apply:
Our online application will give you the option to apply to this role as a complete person – not just a resume. The application will assess your qualifications, personality traits and workplace preferences, and should take 10 to 15 minutes to complete. After submitting, you'll receive an email inviting you to log in and view your assessment results.
We strive to build a team that reflects the diversity of the community we work in and encourage applications from traditionally underrepresented groups such as women, visible minorities, Indigenous peoples, people identifying as LGBTQ2SI, veterans, and people with disabilities. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us using the “Help” button.
We will review applications, with priority given to those who have completed the assessment and look forward to hearing from you.