The Registered Massage Therapists’ Association of Ontario (RMTAO) is seeking an enthusiastic individual to provide operational leadership as Executive Director.
The Executive Director is responsible for the successful operational management and leadership of the association. The role of the Executive Director requires an individual who is equally skilled at providing hands-on administration and strategic leadership. They will also preferably be an individual with a background in a professional, healthcare related not-for-profit association. The successful candidate will be working cooperatively with a small staff, and will also be working closely with, and answerable to, a corps of committed volunteer members as represented by the Board of Directors.
The Executive Director has a pivotal role in helping broaden the influence of the profession and strengthening its voice in the health care system. As well, the Executive Director is a key player in elevating public understanding of the role of massage therapists.
- Contribute toward the association’s vision; facilitate the development of planning priorities and performance indicators; be the lead in project management for the association’s activities;
- Manage a small team in a busy association office (3 staff) including responsibility for some basic administrative tasks (e.g., attendance records, minute taking, credit card transactions);
- Provide advice on governance and policy options to the Board of Directors; engage and support association volunteers;
- Accomplish the goals and objectives set by the Board including financial results, marketing and membership growth, as well as educational programming;
- Be responsible for presenting advocacy issues and programming to the Board, stakeholders, and members; develop professional relations;
- Support the Board in the association’s advocacy work with governments and insurers; represent the best interests of the profession to other associations of RMTs across Canada, to the regulatory college in Ontario, and to other health care disciplines;
- Manage and develop new member services including government relations, public relations, professional relations, education, publications, member services, cost saving programs, and practice viability;
- Keep members informed and develop a stronger sense of community within the profession through in-person and on-line contact, and through publications including Massage Therapy Today.
- Relevant university degree and Certified Association Executive (CAE) designation preferred;
- Experience with association management and policy governance;
- Excellent communication skills (writing, speaking, presenting) and negotiation skills;
- Familiarity with office technology including traditional Microsoft applications for Windows and Mac environments, web-based content and database management systems, on-line collaborative and meeting platforms;
- Knowledge of the health care sector and government policy, preferably with an understanding of the professional issues of RMTs;
- Ability to manage a small office, providing or supporting the provision of operational requirements at all levels (payroll, IT, member communications, etc.);
- A successful track record in government relations and advocacy on behalf of the profession (e.g., to allied organizations, educators, the regulatory organization, and the public);
- Experience in professional education both as a member service and in professional accreditation at a university level;
- Prior success engaging a profession/members and prospective members through inclusive communication strategies and effective outreach;
- Previous experience in a senior leadership role
- Deep understanding of financial strategies and finance-related performance metrics
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement successful strategic plans
- Experience spearheading and collaborating with national team-based initiatives
- Personable, progressive and patient.
While knowledge of massage therapy is not a prerequisite, applicants should have a broad understanding of the profession and a keen interest in health care services.
Individuals with the requisite experience are invited to apply, including a statement of compensation expectations, in confidence to email@example.com. Only those candidates who are being considered for interviews will be contacted.
More search results
Food & Consumer Products of Canada
Chief Executive Officer
crawfordconnect on behalf of South Riverdale Community Health Centre
President & CEO
Mackenzie Health Foundation
Canadian Institute of Quantity Surveyors
Canadian Association of Home & Property Inspectors