go2HR is an industry-led, non-profit society serving BC’s tourism and hospitality industry. Established in 1979, go2HR provides support to industry in the areas of industry training, occupational health & safety and human resources. go2HR’s leadership role in the development, coordination and execution of the BC Tourism Human Resources Strategy is widely respected by industry employers, educators, government and other stakeholders.
go2HR is currently going through significant transformation and reconstruction of its mission, mandate and capacity, and is about to embark on a new path forward. We are looking for an innovative, proactive and tourism-loving professional to lead us through the transition and new beginnings. Reporting to the Board of Directors, this is a unique opportunity for a strong, business-oriented change agent with knowledge and expertise in business development, sales and program management. In this role you will help cast a bold new vision and shape the future of a 40-year old organization with a history of excellence and industry impact.
Key areas of responsibility include:
- Providing organizational leadership, Board governance support, business planning and execution;
- Business development, sales and marketing, contract/licensing negotiations;
- Program, operations and people management;
- Developing and maintaining relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders including tourism employers, industry associations, educators, government officials and politicians, employees and potential employees;
- Fiscal management, planning and revenue generation;
- Public, media and government relations;
- Ongoing, continuous improvement and growth of the organization’s impact on its mandate.
- Relevant post-secondary education and at least 10 years of leadership/management experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience managing or leading organizational change.
- Current or recent leadership roles on boards, committees, or task forces.
- Private sector or corporate experience is preferred; experience managing a non-profit is an asset.
- Recognized as a role model for best practices in leadership.
- Entrepreneurial, big-picture, strategic thinker, results and action oriented. Proactive. Ambitious but collaborative.
- A high level of emotional intelligence, diplomacy, communications and relationship-building skills.
- Solid business acumen, sound judgment. Politically astute.
- Experience with revenue generation as well as the financial aptitude to oversee financial statements and reporting.
- Comfortable working with traditional and emerging technology.
- Keen sense and understanding of service quality principles and practices.
- Exceptional advocacy and persuasive skills both verbal and written.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send us a cover letter and resume. We look forward to hearing from you!
More search results
Food & Consumer Products of Canada
Chief Executive Officer
crawfordconnect on behalf of South Riverdale Community Health Centre
President & CEO
Mackenzie Health Foundation
Canadian Institute of Quantity Surveyors
Canadian Association of Home & Property Inspectors