Executive/Events Assistant/ Adjoint(e) exécutif(ve) et coordonateur(ice) aux événements.
Bi-lingual (English/French) Strongly Preferred.
CIQS is the premier professional association that sets the highest standard for construction and infrastructure economics in Canada. Designated Professional Quantity Surveyors (PQS) and Construction Estimator Certified (CEC) professionals counsel building owners, developers, designers and contractors at every stage of the design, procurement and construction process to help ensure a return on investment is delivered.
CIQS represents nearly 2,000 members from across Canada and abroad.
We are currently seeking to fill an Executive/Events Assistant position for our Head Office in Markham, Ontario.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist and provide administrative support to Executive Director, Board of Directors and 6 regional Chapters
- Minute taking for Board and committee meetings
- Preparation of board meeting package
- Event planning for Chapter events – logistics, registration, catering etc.
- Annual Congress coordination – logistics, registration
- Coordination of articles for quarterly magazine
- Assist with CIQS Board election process
- Research, compose and type various internal and external correspondence, reports, emails
- Coordination of awards program
- Assist with annual CPD (Continuing Professional Development) Audit
- Website updates
- Prepare Annual General Meeting package
- Develop, maintain and update Board policy manuals, contact lists and orientation manuals
- Prepare expense claims for processing
- Process membership invoices, renewals and new applications as required
- Back up to Administrative Coordinator
- Respond to inquiries about membership and the association
- Maintain an effective filing system (hard copy and electronic files)
- Available to travel for meetings
- Available to work extra event hours outside business hours.
- Other administrative duties as assigned by the Executive Director
- Relevant education and three years of experience
- Bi-lingual in both oral and written in French and English strongly preferred
- Effective communication skills (verbal and written)
- Minute taking and board experience
- Proven MS Office proficiency (Word, Excel, and Powerpoint) required
- Strong organizational and time-management skills
- Ability to handle multiple requests (internal and external) and prioritize in a timely manner
- Ability to work alone and manage the office when other members of staff are involved in meetings or away from the office
- Proven record in ensuring confidentiality, integrity, professionalism and diplomacy at all times
- Proven well-developed customer-service focus
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and collaboratively within a small, team environment
- Excellent critical thinking skills with the ability to think independently to proactively anticipate the needs of the senior team
- Must demonstrate high initiative and efficiency with accurate attention to detail
- Demonstrated good attendance record with the ability to maintain this same standard
Individual candidates responding to the advertisement are requested to provide the following:
- Cover letter with salary expectations
Submit resumes to:
Sheila Lennon, CAE
Submission Deadline: Tuesday, September 03, 2019
Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.