Successful business relationships don’t just happen by themselves; they take care, effort, and investment from both sides.
If you’re looking for a chance to participate in an exciting industry that touches every Canadian, we’ve got a brand-new role that you’ll have a hand in shaping.
Founded in 1959, FCPC is the largest voice of the Canadian food, beverage and consumer products industry. Our association represents small, independent and privately-owned companies, as well as large multinationals, who manufacture and distribute in Canada. We have a clear mission and focus to drive member value and build an operating environment for our members that fosters competitiveness, innovation and growth.
Now we’re looking to add a new member to our team: someone who’s ready to help drive value to members and identify new opportunities for growth.
If that sounds like you, we’re excited to meet you!
As our new Membership Manager, you’ll contribute to all things membership; whether you’re developing innovative strategies to get the attention of potential partners or getting to know manufacturers and service providers that are on your radar, you’re results-driven at all times.
While you will focus on prospecting and converting interest, succeeding in this role is about building relationships and driving engagement. An understanding of our industry will be beneficial, as well as familiarity with membership/association environments.
You’re proactive and creative; you excel at starting with a goal, generating a plan, and then gathering the people and tools you need to succeed.
Here’s some of the things you’ll be working on day-to-day:
- Leading the business development strategy across multiple membership streams including identification, outreach and recruitment of potential members
- Managing the membership on-boarding process, ensuring a smooth transition and adequate understanding of benefits and opportunities
- Proactively addressing gaps in membership engagement and facilitating a process to increase engagement in working with cross functional FCPC departments
- Researching and updating recruitment efforts, finding opportunities to increase the scope and depth of our offerings in concert with other departments
- Managing the membership approval process, timelines and deliverables for new members
- Developing and implementing membership surveys, and providing analysis and feedback to senior management
- Building and managing relationships and tracking of deliverables committed to members
Working with Us
This is a full-time, permanent position, with flexible core hours.
We’re a small group (just 22 people!), which has allowed us to develop a close and positive team culture. You’ll often find people working outside of their roles, pitching in, and being a resource for their colleagues.
- Post-secondary degree or diploma, preferably in business, economics or a related field
- 5+ years’ experience in sales management or business development,
- Experience in either consultative sales or marketing, and highly developed relationship building, negotiation and influencing skills in a business setting
- Experience in a client-facing role, preferably in a membership-based organization
- Experience drafting and delivering presentations to a variety of stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to meet performance metrics in a member/client satisfaction context
- Proficiency in MS Office (especially Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint), and working knowledge of database technology
How to Apply
Our online application will give you the option to apply to this role as a complete person – not just a resume. The application will assess your qualifications, personality traits and workplace preferences, and should take 10 to 15 minutes to complete. After submitting, you'll receive an email inviting you to log in and view your assessment results.
We strive to build a team that reflects the diversity of the community we work in, and encourage applications from traditionally underrepresented groups such as women, visible minorities, Indigenous peoples, people identifying as LGBTQ2SI, veterans, and people with disabilities. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us using the “Help” button.
We will review applications, with priority given to those who have completed the assessment, and look forward to hearing from you.