Manager, Board Services
We are seeking a dynamic, committed leader to join our management team as:
Manager, Board Services
Under the general direction of the Executive Officer (Corporate Services), the Manager, Board Services is responsible for the overall operation of Board Services, including Corporate Records and the District’s Policies and Procedures. In addition to managing the work of the Board of Trustees, the Manager will act as a liaison between the District and staff, as well as the District and the public/community. The Manager, Board Services works with senior staff for the preparation of reports and recommendations to the Board, ensure both public and in-camera agendas are published in accordance with weekly deadlines, and ensures that decisions of the Board are properly recorded and communicated. The Manager oversees information management practices, including records management and retention.
The ideal candidate will have a university degree in Public Administration, and 5 to 6 years of relevant experience, preferably in a school board or public agency. Experience in parliamentary procedures is desirable. An equivalent combination of education and experience may also be considered.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Thorough knowledge of the legal status of an Ontario school board, extensive experience in parliamentary procedures, as well as a thorough understanding of the Board's organizational structure, by-laws and its policies and procedures. This would be supported by a general knowledge of the Ontario educational system, and a strong understanding of the Ontario regulatory environment.
- Management experience, and ability to work co-operatively with persons at all levels in the organization, especially elected representatives, senior staff and members of the general public.
- Highly organized, with strong analytical and conflict management skills.
- Ability to synthesize complex issues which is supported by excellent writing skills.
- Exercise judgment, tact, diplomacy, and discretion in dealing with confidential and sensitive issues.
- Must be available to attend evening meetings as required.
How to Apply:
You can also find this job posting and the application instructions on the OCDSB website (Careers page). As the Ottawa-Carleton District School Board uses Apply to Education (ATE) to manage job applications for all job competitions, you will be asked to create an account (at no cost to you), if you do not currently have one. Qualified applicants are asked to submit a resume and cover letter via Apply to Education by the deadline date of 2:00 pm, on September 13, 2019.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted
More search results
Associate Executive Director
Youth Services Bureau of Ottawa
Member Engagement Coordinator
Ontario Dental Hygienists' Association
Chief Executive Officer
International Right of Way Association
Bilingual Corporate Events Coordinator
Canadian Council of Motor Transport Administrators
Canadian Association of Home & Property Inspectors