Director of Policy and Regulatory Affairs
ExcelHR is representing a reputable association in the renewable energy sector in Ottawa, who is seeking to hire a Director of Policy and Regulatory Affairs.
This individual must be motivated and experienced in policy and regulatory affairs. This is a strategic leadership role which includes working alongside the management team, corporate members, stakeholders, consultants and researchers. They will identify and act on opportunities to advance the growth of the renewable energy markets across Canada.
The key focus areas of the position consist of Policy and Regulatory Development, Advocacy, Relationship Management, Communications, Strategy and Leadership.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Responsibilities include managing and leading in collaboration with members, consultants and other stakeholders
- Writing policy position and recommendation submissions
- Managing and leading membership caucuses, working groups and other member groups
- Building and maintaining positive relationships, partnerships and networks
- Writing and managing a regular policy and regulatory report for the membership and contributing to quotes, stories and articles as required
- Working with senior leadership team on issues related to organization's future development and annual strategic objectives and budget
Qualifications and Experience
- 5 + years experience in energy and/or renewable energy sector or in public policy and the regulatory environment
- Demonstrated knowledge of electricity, renewable and energy storage sector as it pertains to policy, regulatory, wholesale energy marketing and market design matters in Canada and internationally
- Superior communication skills, oral, written and ability to synthesize complex ideas and communicate in a easy to understand manner
- Exceptional relationship management and interpersonal skills
- Strong project management, time management and organizational skills
This role may require travel on a regular basis (approx 1-3 times per month) mostly within Canada.
Education and Certifications
Minimum education required: Bachelor's Degree
To apply for this position, please send an updated CV to Linnaea@excelhr.com with 'Regulatory Affairs Application' as the subject line. Thank you to all those who are interested, however only finalists will be contacted for interviews.
More search results
Membership and Events Coordinator
National Golf Course Owners Association Canada
Canadian Association of Home & Property Inspectors
Executive Director- Interim
Canadian Pension & Benefits Institute
EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR (interim-12months with the pos…
Canadian Pension and Benefits Institute
General Manager/Chief Operating Officer