Manager of Communications
- Intellectual Property Institute of Canada
- TBD, based on skills and experience
- Job Category
- Marketing & Communications
- Job Type
Job Title: Manager, Communications
Reports To: Executive Director
The Manager, Communications is responsible for development and implementation of the communications plan for the Intellectual Property Institute of Canada (IPIC). The Manager, Communications also works with the Executive Director to set annual communications objectives to achieve the communications-related goals in IPIC’s Strategic Plan.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Researches, develops, implements and evaluates the brand and communications strategy to support IPIC in meeting its strategic objectives and to support the professional standing of the organization and its members.
- Executes communication strategies including media strategies that promote greater knowledge of IPIC to members of the profession, industry, governments, and the public.
- Raises public and member awareness of the organization’s programs and services through the design and delivery of effective communication material.
- Ensures clear, consistent messaging across relevant communication materials.
- Oversees and assists with the development, branding, and maintenance of all communication collateral such as electronic and print documents, educational materials, as well as website and social media content.
- Leads, contributes to and supervises work from external communications agencies
- Develops guidelines and procedures to ensure communication materials are translated into French and English appropriately.
- Ensures content of communication collateral reflects IPIC’s goals and enhances IPIC’s image.
- Oversees the development of promotional activities to support the Annual Conference and other courses and events as required.
- Oversees the development, creation and dissemination of IPIC’s various publications and newsletters.
- Provides editorial support for communication materials such as the weekly e-newsletter (IP Newsbreak), the Canadian Intellectual Property Review (CIPR), Annual Conference material and presentations, and educational material across the Institute.
- Develops or assists in the development of position statements, speeches, media releases and other communication materials as required.
- Monitors, builds and develops IPIC’s online presence through posting and marketing of member opinion pieces on the IPIC Blog “Unscripted”, and other social media sites as appropriate.
- Develops and/or updates policies and procedures related to the communication function.
- Manages a communications support personnel, which includes coaching and mentoring, recommending training, conducting performance evaluations, providing input for hiring and termination decisions.
- Supports IPIC’s drive to maintain best practices in its communications by proactively seeking out and assessing new approaches.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field such as communications, marketing, public relations, or business.
- Minimum 5-10 years of related professional experience.
- Experience with developing communications and promotional programs and development of project-specific communications plans to implement organizational goals and objectives.
- Knowledge and experience with web-based technologies and social media.
- Experience within the non-profit sector an asset.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- Bilingualism; ability to work in both English and French required.
- Highly developed writing and editing skills in both print and electronic media.
- Demonstrated experience in developing, implementing and evaluating communication tools and activities using a variety of proven metrics.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills with an ability to communicate clearly with a broad range of stakeholders.
- Energetic and creative with a passion for communications.
- Strong computer skills including proficiency with MS Office, web-based and video tools and social media.
Please provide a cover letter, resume, and salary expectations by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, referencing job Manager, Communications in subject line.
More search results
Associate Executive Director
Youth Services Bureau of Ottawa
Member Engagement Coordinator
Ontario Dental Hygienists' Association
Chief Executive Officer
International Right of Way Association
Bilingual Corporate Events Coordinator
Canadian Council of Motor Transport Administrators
Canadian Association of Home & Property Inspectors