Reports to: Clinical Director
Victim Services of Durham Region (VSDR) assists individuals and their families in the immediate aftermath of crime or sudden unexpected tragedy. Operating 24 hours per day, 365 days per year, the only service in the Durham Region providing immediate on-scene crisis, trauma, safety and mental health support services to victims of crime and sudden tragedies. Our programs provide crisis intervention, practical assistance, referrals to a wide range of programs, services and counselling. The immediacy of this service assists in mitigating the harmful effects of trauma on victim(s) and their loved ones.
We are seeking a full-time (1-year contract) Events Coordinator to project plan, implement, and supervise all of Victim Services of Durham Region’s fundraising, advocacy, and internal events. The Events Coordinator will work closely with the Clinical Director and Volunteer and Student Coordinator. The successful candidate will be required to work varying hours, including some evenings and weekends. The position requires a clear communicator, both verbal and written, organized with effective time management skills; demonstrating a willingness to learn and adapt, with the highest standards of behavior, detail orientation, collaborative manner, problem solving ability and work ethic. A vulnerable police check is required. This is a full-time position, 6-12 hours per week.
- Build relationships with community stakeholders for the purpose of facilitating and seeking-funding for our events
- Coordinates the planning, implementation, technical, and logistical support for Victim Services of Durham Region fundraising, volunteer and awareness events. Events include, but are not limited to VSDR’s Youth Symposium: The Antidote to Human Trafficking, Parents and Prevention: Human Trafficking Awareness Nights, Moms Against Human Trafficking Day-Long Workshop, staff day retreat, quarterly Volunteer Trainings, Volunteer Appreciation Day, VSDR’s Annual General Meeting
- Works closely with Volunteer and Student Coordinator to assess the volunteer needs for each event. Screen volunteers based on experience and skill level and ensure that each volunteer is thoroughly trained and provided with all the tools necessary to complete the assigned task(s).
- Responds to inquiries, phone calls, and e-mails in a timely and responsive manner.
- Participate in management and all-staff meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
More search results
Associate Executive Director
Youth Services Bureau of Ottawa
Member Engagement Coordinator
Ontario Dental Hygienists' Association
Chief Executive Officer
International Right of Way Association
Bilingual Corporate Events Coordinator
Canadian Council of Motor Transport Administrators
Canadian Association of Home & Property Inspectors