The Canadian Association of Home & Property Inspectors® (CAHPI®) is a national non-profit association, whose mission is to promote and develop the home inspection profession. CAHPI is considered the voice of Canada's "home inspection industry".
The Canadian Association of Home & Property Inspectors® (CAHPI®) is seeking an individual to join us as our new Administrator who is enthusiastic, organized, has the ability to multi-task, is a self-starter, and is meticulous with relentless attention to detail.
The Administrator has a pivotal role in providing member services as well as strengthening the voice in the home inspection industry.
- Contribute toward the association’s vision; providing administration for the association’s activities;
- Responsible for administrative tasks (e.g., emails, phone, mail, etc.);
- Accomplish the goals and objectives set by the Board including membership recruitment and application processing;
- Support the Board in the association’s advocacy work; represent the best interests of the profession to other related; industry stakeholders across Canada;
- Provide support for electronic publications, member services, and events.
- Excellent communication skills (writing and speaking);
- Familiarity with office technology including traditional Microsoft applications for Windows, web-based content and database management systems, on-line collaborative and meeting platforms;
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently;
- A successful track record in customer relations;
- Some travel within Canada may be required;
- Presents a professional, polished image in representing CAHPI;
- Works well under pressure and able to meet deadlines;
- Team player mindset and willingness to collaborate;
- Dedicated home office space;
- Personable, progressive and patient.
- Experience in a not-for-profit environment, or membership-based organization;
- Experience working with boards and committees in a not-for-profit organization;
- Prior success engaging with members and prospective members through various means of communication;
- 5 – 7 Years related work experience;
- Some knowledge of the housing industry;
- Post-secondary education, preferably in any of the following: event management, communications, marketing, business administration;
- While knowledge of home inspections is not a prerequisite, applicants should have a broad understanding of the profession and an interest in housing construction;
- Bilingual – verbal and written (English and French).
Working at CAHPI
CAHPI operates a virtual office in Ottawa, Ontario. This position allows for the flexibility of working from home with meetings held by teleconference. This is a part-time permanent position, with a target start date of October 2019. Your work week is Monday to Friday, from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm, with flexibility of hours. You’ll earn a competitive salary, commensurate with experience.
Individuals with the requisite experience are invited to apply, including compensation expectations, in confidence to email@example.com. Only those candidates who are being considered for interviews will be contacted.