- Hotel Association of Canada
- Job Category
- Admin/Clerical/Customer Service
- Job Type
ou’re a seasoned administrative professional, in search of a challenging new opportunity within a dynamic organization.
You love being at the centre of your organization – being the go-to person for your team, helping them to achieve their goals, while keeping operations running seamlessly.
If you’re looking for a fast-paced and varied role where you can wear many hats, while exercising your well-developed organizational, communications, and interpersonal skills on a daily basis, then we want to meet you.
Who are we?
We are the Hotel Association of Canada (HAC), the exclusive national organization representing corporate hotel companies, ownership groups, provincial hotel associations, city hotel associations, and independent hotels. The HAC represents more than 8000 hotels, motels and resorts, which employ 304,000 people across Canada.
Our mission is to enhance the prosperity of the Canadian Hotel and Lodging industry through strong member engagement, effective advocacy, and the provision of valued programs and services.
We are now seeking a new Executive Assistant, to join our small but mighty team. If you want to be part of a team dedicated to making a difference for thousands of businesses and people across Canada, this could be your next role.
As our new Executive Assistant, your main responsibilities will be split into four streams. Your primary responsibility will be to provide executive support to our President. Other responsibilities will be office management, basic accounting support, and general administrative support to the team and board as needed.
- Executive support – you will serve as an Executive Assistant to our busy President, managing her agenda and priorities, and assisting with meetings, correspondence, and travel arrangements as needed. Your day-to-day support will be critical, so that our President can focus on achieving the organization’s long-term, strategic goals.
- Office management – you’ll oversee all aspects of the office environment and serve as the point person for dealing with suppliers and vendors (i.e. IT services, equipment, office supplies etc.). You’ll run reception, direct calls and visitors, and manage all relevant office and personnel files. Your goal will be to ensure that our office is always running smoothly, and that our team has everything they need to do their jobs effectively.
- Accounting support – you will be the main liaison to our offsite bookkeeping service, handle bank deposits, and provide support to basic accounts receivable collection for membership renewals and our Green Key program (a sustainability certification program for the hotel industry housed within HAC).
- General administrative support – as needed, you’ll provide support to our team and board, particularly in preparation for board and committee meetings. This includes scheduling, booking travel and accommodations, logistical arrangements for meeting venues, compiling and distributing meeting materials, and sometimes attending meetings to take minutes.
The Right Fit:
The best in this role will do more than complete administrative tasks with speed and efficiency: they’ll gain the trust of our team and make themselves indispensable to the daily operations of our office. They will be forward looking and proactively act to address the needs of our office and team.
They will be organized yet flexible, and able to adapt quickly to the changing priorities and demands of our team. They will have a practiced sense of confidentiality, and a proven ability to demonstrate tact and discretion in preparing, disclosing, and handling information of a confidential and sensitive nature.
This role is perfect for someone who will enjoy the administrative challenges of supporting an office of diverse people, and who thrives as part of a team working together toward a common goal.
Working with The Hotel Association of Canada:
Working here, you will be part of a team whose vision is to be the leading voice of the Canadian Hotel & Lodging industry. We offer a highly professional and dynamic work environment, with a collaborative team who truly enjoy working together. Our team is highly focused, and driven by our mission.
This is a full-time permanent role, with an ideal start date of September 2019. We offer a competitive salary, commensurate with experience, as well as benefits and RSP contributions. You’ll work Monday to Friday, 8:30 am – 4:30 pm, out of our downtown Ottawa office. Occasionally, you may be required to travel (across Canada, 2-4 days at a time) to help set up and attend meetings.
- 5+ years in a similar executive assistant, office management and/or administrative role, in a small office environment, ideally within a trade association (or similar organization – i.e. regulatory body, non-profit, etc.)
- Experience providing administrative support to a board of directors and board committees
- Experience preparing professional communications, with excellent English writing skills
- Functional bilingualism in English/French is strongly preferred (strong proficiency speaking and reading French, and writing English)
- Basic accounting support experience (accounts receivable or collections experience preferred) and/or bookkeeping experience
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel and Outlook; and also, with Adobe Acrobat and DropBox
How to Apply:
Our online application will give you the option to apply to this role as a complete person – not just a resume. The application will assess your qualifications, personality traits and workplace preferences, and should take 10 to 15 minutes to complete. After submitting, you'll receive an email inviting you to log in and view your assessment results.
We strive to build a team that reflects the diversity of the community we work in and encourage applications from traditionally underrepresented groups such as women, visible minorities, Indigenous peoples, people identifying as LGBTQ2SI, veterans, and people with disabilities. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us using the “Help” button.
We will review applications, with priority given to those who have completed the assessment and look forward to hearing from you.